Who's parents are the most Strict, AA's, African, or Caribbean.

Which one is the most strict.

• AA's

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Africans

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Caribbean's

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
I used to think my parents were too strict until I look at how some of my contemporaries have turned out.
True. Most of the time strict parents are a blessing. It's a sign that they give a fukk about you. When I was 13 in the 8th grade my parents wanted me home by 4pm. Other girls in my class could stay out until 3am and their parents wouldn't even ask where they we're. Back then I was envious and tried to rebel and come home a little later. But now when I look back my parents loved me. How can you let you 13 yr old daughter come home at 3am? And I knew what they we're doing- smoking weed, fukking gang members, fukking grown 20+ year old men:francis:, going to parties and drinking alcohol, one even had a 23yr old boyfriend. Letting their daughters be exposed to pedophiles:hhh:.I'm glad my parents cared and wanted me to come home.

chief_keef_stan

lil' haitian nikka
Daps
Reppin
Boston. on thot ave. with a big booty island gyal
Me: I'm going to get McDonald's I'll be right back.

Pops: you don't see what time it is?

Me: it's 5pm :what:

Pops: it's too late, it's dangerous outside. we have bread and peanut butter go eat that.

They were particularly restrictive on me because I'm a girl. They still breath down my neck and I'm 23:stopitslime:

But I heard African parents are worse. They will straight embarrass you in front of the whole school. At least most Haitian parents wait till you get home.
:mjlol:Aint you in FL

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
True. Most of the time strict parents are a blessing. It's a sign that they give a fukk about you. When I was 13 in the 8th grade my parents wanted me home by 4pm. Other girls in my class could stay out until 3am and their parents wouldn't even ask where they we're. Back then I was envious and tried to rebel and come home a little later. But now when I look back my parents loved me. How can you let you 13 yr old daughter come home at 3am? And I knew what they we're doing- smoking weed, fukking gang members, fukking grown 20+ year old men:francis:, going to parties and drinking alcohol, one even had a 23yr old boyfriend. Letting their daughters be exposed to pedophiles:hhh:.I'm glad my parents cared and wanted me to come home.

Pretty much the same thing. I wasn't allowed to certain "sleepovers" and "parties", essentially because these sleepovers were a bunch of middle school kids with no supervision, drinking, smoking and having sex in one absent parents basement....

Naija parents with the vision :blessed:

Logmanjames

All Star
Daps
Africans hands down. Although my mom is from the Caribbean and my dad is African and she is the stricter of the two, I see how other Africans get down with their kids and am like:whoa:

Daps
Reppin
MD/NY
African, no contest :mjgrin:

Mom told me stories of how not even parents but school teachers be throwing chairs at school kids in their elementary years. African parents are the most resourceful when it comes to finding something to whoop your ass with:

No belt? Tree branch, homemade guitar made from a tortoise shell, dem hands, towels, phones, cup of water, it don't matter. Made me fetch her a belt to whoop my older sister with when I was a kid, felt like the a$$hole younger sibling but if it ain't directed at me I'm good :mjgrin:

Daps
Africans, well I'm talking Southern Africans anyway

Walking home from school one day we had a similiar argument low key bragging who can take it the hardest and my mans in the 6th grade told me his dad used to boil the belt in hot water :sadcam:

I had the Chrissy Tegan Face the whole way home....

:pachaha::laff:

Daps
"I understand that you are all adults [I'm almost 30, my youngest brother is 18]...but you are still MY KIDS!!!" - my dad during a "family meeting" over this past christmas break lol

Dihsarm

Pro
Daps
Africans hands down.

My parents whooped me with whatever they could find.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think.ole time Caribbean parents were strict. Not these new dancehall parents. Ole time Caribbean parents lived under white colonialism, racism, classism, and poverty. They struggled to get out of poverty and in order to get out they knew education would be the key and push their children to get an education. The level of motivation was mostly negative which included physical abuse in the form of ass whoopings which was derived from the brutal punishments Caribbean slaves endured which were far more brutal and unique than to any other slave system
Came here just to say this carribean parents ain't nothing like what they used to be.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
I think.ole time Caribbean parents were strict. Not these new dancehall parents. Ole time Caribbean parents lived under white colonialism, racism, classism, and poverty. They struggled to get out of poverty and in order to get out they knew education would be the key and push their children to get an education. The level of motivation was mostly negative which included physical abuse in the form of ass whoopings which was derived from the brutal punishments Caribbean slaves endured which were far more brutal and unique than to any other slave system

elaborate/explain more please. thank you.