WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That would make sense if you're just trying to put your best five up front. But who is going to be the secondary ball handler in the second unit? 1st unit already has Bron and Reeves as 1st/2nd ballhandlers plus Rui and AD as high usage guys. Do the Lakers really want to field a 2nd unit with Christie, Prince, Vandy, and Hayes all on the court together and the PG is forced to create everything? Maybe that works with D-Lo... not necessarily ideal, but it could work. With Gabe I don't see how it works at all.

Lebron probably plays a lot with that second unit himself. Plus I think Nando's play making is underrated. He's good at setting dribble handoff screens similar to Draymond plus he can push it in transition.

And another thing I honestly don't want to see Hayes get a lot of minutes because the Lakers have so many wings that are better.

This team is better suited for Lebron at the 5 minutes than the last 2 seasons.

Only play Hayes against a big that's dominant down low or on the boards.

Dlo/Gabe
Christie
Prince
Vando
Bron

Would work because both Christie and Vando are good on the boards plus you have so much more size.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
D'lo, Reaves, Rui, Lebron, AD
Gabe, Reaves, Rui, Lebron, AD
Reaves, Rui, Vando, Lebron, AD
Reaves, Rui, Lebron, AD, Hayes

Are the most likely starting lineups.

Expect to see a a Ham specialty
D'lo, Gabe, Reaves, Lebron, AD lineup tho.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Im not sure I get the point of starting Rui. We can talk $, but who is scoring off the bench? It'd be one thing if they made DLO a 6th man. However, thats a lot of guys who need shots & the ball.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
That would make sense if you're just trying to put your best five up front. But who is going to be the secondary ball handler in the second unit? 1st unit already has Bron and Reeves as 1st/2nd ballhandlers plus Rui and AD as high usage guys. Do the Lakers really want to field a 2nd unit with Christie, Prince, Vandy, and Hayes all on the court together and the PG is forced to create everything? Maybe that works with D-Lo... not necessarily ideal, but it could work. With Gabe I don't see how it works at all.
I would think they’ll stagger the starters minutes as to avoid a 5 bench player lineup most nights …but Dlo as the 6th man makes a lot of sense ..probably his natural role at this stage of his career.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lebron probably plays a lot with that second unit himself. Plus I think Nando's play making is underrated. He's good at setting dribble handoff screens similar to Draymond plus he can push it in transition.

And another thing I honestly don't want to see Hayes get a lot of minutes because the Lakers have so many wings that are better.

This team is better suited for Lebron at the 5 minutes than the last 2 seasons.

Only play Hayes against a big that's dominant down low or on the boards.

Dlo/Gabe
Christie
Prince
Vando
Bron

Would work because both Christie and Vando are good on the boards plus you have so much more size.

Literally everything you wrote there depends on playing Bron more. And the Lakers' entire season should be structured around playing Bron less. Even if it costs you wins, you need to play Bron less. Unless AD is out half the year and you're in danger of missing the playoffs without him, keeping Bron healthy should be the #1 priority of the regular season

Im not sure I get the point of starting Rui. We can talk $, but who is scoring off the bench? It'd be one thing if they made DLO a 6th man. However, thats a lot of guys who need shots & the ball.

The reason to start Rui is because he can shoot and guard forwards. You don't want to force Bron or AD to operate from the perimeter all game, surround them with shooters and let them play to their strengths. Technically you could start Prince instead and it would work, but might as well start Rui because he's the one you want to continue trusting as a guy to play major playoff minutes.

Second unit with have D-Lo to do the scoring with Gabe/Christie and Prince in there as shooters and Hayes being useful on that end. But if you're only playing the starters 25 or so minutes together, then you could have Reeves or Rui get out there with the 2nd unit for stretches too.

I would think they’ll stagger the starters minutes as to avoid a 5 bench player lineup most nights …but Dlo as the 6th man makes a lot of sense ..probably his natural role at this stage of his career.

I think they can stagger too, but I hope they can get away with mostly staggering Reeves and Rui. The team is deep, take advantage of that and rest Bron/AD for once.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I think they can stagger too, but I hope they can get away with mostly staggering Reeves and Rui. The team is deep, take advantage of that and rest Bron/AD for once.
I’m really intrigued with Austin and his development, I wonder what the best case scenario looks like for him in LA. I don’t know if he’s a high volume scorer but his foul drawing ability makes me want to see more of what you’re saying as far as having him play more minutes with Bron/AD so he can cook with some of the backups

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It'd be nice for this team not to be in a 6-10 point hole to start every game because they have 8 points midway through the first. :unimpressed:

So yeah, it makes a lot of sense for Rui to start.