WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Highlights:

Max Christie
Castle
Fudge
And Maxwell Lewis showed a few flashes
If Max is for real I'd seriously consider staggering DLO and Reaves mins. That way he's not out there with Vincent too much. Instead have another play making guard on the floor with him.

Although a Vincent/Christie backcourt has potential defensively.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If Max is for real I'd seriously consider staggering DLO and Reaves mins. That way he's not out there with Vincent too much. Instead have another play making guard on the floor with him.

Yeah Christie will bring defense and athleticism to the SG position.

I doubt he will get many iso's at all though.

But if Max Christie is a real 3 and D dude next season this team will be deep as hell and damn near complete.

Especially if Reddish actually give something as well.

Bench would be great outside of the center position.

Gabe
Christie
Reddish/Prince
Rui/Vando
Bron/Jaxson/Javale Mchgee/Castleton

I think Bron will play a decent amount of minutes at the 5 next season.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Also I would like to see them allow Vando to handle the ball more and set up dribble handoffs.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Who do y'all have starting next season Rui or Vando?
As much as I like Vando. He really needs to develop a decent catch and shoot 3. Cause lowkey it wouldnt shock me if Prince gets his spot if the playoff troubles carry over.

However, in the regular season we do need his energy. Rui off the bench for now to help with bench scoring.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
As much as I like Vando. He really needs to develop a decent catch and shoot 3. Cause lowkey it wouldnt shock me if Prince gets his spot if the playoff troubles carry over.

However, in the regular season we do need his energy. Rui off the bench for now to help with bench scoring.

Hopefully not because Vando is too elite defensively and on the boards rebounding to be out of the rotation. I like Rui's game too but I'm leaning towards Vando as the starter.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
situational starting line ups:

dlo. ar. bron. ad always...

vando on elite perimeter scorers.

big on big centers to let ad roam.

rui will always be first off bench if hes not starting. followed by vincent. then jason.. maxie should also be in the rotation.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps

He definitely will. Prince is a straight hooper. And he can actually shoot the rock well. He’ll instantly be a Ham pet…

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rui not getting paid 17M to come off the bench

i think they’re more invested in getting Rui better than Vando which seems about right. Rui is so far ahead offensively that you just hope his defense gets better which he’s already pretty decent.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Though it's not the way most coaches like to do things, could make sense to start Max or Gabe and have D-Lo lead the team off the bench. D-lo's playmaking is redundant in a starting lineup that already has Bron, Reeves, Rui, and AD.

It's dependent on one of them being a good enough three point shooter to draw coverage though. If they can't keep defenses honest, then you have to start d-lo.

Who do y'all have starting next season Rui or Vando?

i think they’re more invested in getting Rui better than Vando which seems about right. Rui is so far ahead offensively that you just hope his defense gets better which he’s already pretty decent.

The way things are right now, you gotta start Rui but tell him that he must commit to continuing to improve defensively and take threes, while giving him opportunities to get his too. If they played him off the bench, there's too much danger that he stagnates and just stays the same player.

Lakers have the chance to run an offensively elite starting lineup and then give heavy minutes to a run-and-gun second unit that could put points up too.

Reaves
Max - if he hits threes
Bron
Rui
AD

D-Lo
Gabe
Prince
Vandy
Hayes

There's potential to play that 2nd unit a good 20 minutes a game, with a first unit player like Reeves showing then up wherever they happen to be lacking any particular night. Let Cam work his way in, especially with the inevitable injuries.

The season goal should be to try and play Bron and AD no more than 30 minutes a night even if that means you win 50-55 games instead of 55-60 games. A healthy AD/Bron and 10 court-tested players you're comfortable having out there by playoff time would be a huge cheat code.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Vando is eligible for an extension in September both will likely have money invested in them

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Though it's not the way most coaches like to do things, could make sense to start Max or Gabe and have D-Lo lead the team off the bench. D-lo's playmaking is redundant in a starting lineup that already has Bron, Reeves, Rui, and AD.

It's dependent on one of them being a good enough three point shooter to draw coverage though. If they can't keep defenses honest, then you have to start d-lo.

The way things are right now, you gotta start Rui but tell him that he must commit to continuing to improve defensively and take threes, while giving him opportunities to get his too. If they played him off the bench, there's too much danger that he stagnates and just stays the same player.

Lakers have the chance to run an offensively elite starting lineup and then give heavy minutes to a run-and-gun second unit that could put points up too.

Reaves
Max - if he hits threes
Bron
Rui
AD

D-Lo
Gabe
Prince
Vandy
Hayes

There's potential to play that 2nd unit a good 20 minutes a game, with a first unit player like Reeves showing then up wherever they happen to be lacking any particular night. Let Cam work his way in, especially with the inevitable injuries.

The season goal should be to try and play Bron and AD no more than 30 minutes a night even if that means you win 50-55 games instead of 55-60 games. A healthy AD/Bron and 10 court-tested players you're comfortable having out there by playoff time would be a huge cheat code.

Either DLo or Gabe is starting.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Either DLo or Gabe is starting.

That would make sense if you're just trying to put your best five up front. But who is going to be the secondary ball handler in the second unit? 1st unit already has Bron and Reeves as 1st/2nd ballhandlers plus Rui and AD as high usage guys. Do the Lakers really want to field a 2nd unit with Christie, Prince, Vandy, and Hayes all on the court together and the PG is forced to create everything? Maybe that works with D-Lo... not necessarily ideal, but it could work. With Gabe I don't see how it works at all.