WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Seems we still haven't made any moves or noise to the point that this thread is actually on the 2nd page...on a day we had a summer league game. SMH. Even our women's organization is incompetent. Had the chance to draft the WNBA's version of Magic Johnson TWICE!

Magic Johnson averaged 2 assists? :jbhmm:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Magic Johnson averaged 2 assists? :jbhmm:
Not the same game obviously. I was moreso referring to their similar story's from college to the league. Having a similar rivalry with a white counterpart...them having an important role in the growth of the league.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So we are going down the revisionist history path of pretending that Russ played well and wasn't a cancer?

I can pull up posts from each every one of you shytting on Russ.

fukking Pathetic.

Westbrook was one of the worst players in the history of this franchise.

Are you going to ignore the fact that even the most casual NBA fan knew that Russ was going to be a terrible fit PRIOR to going to LA? LeBron, who's a genius, was the one lobbying for Russ.

Probably so he could throw him under the bus.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Are you going to ignore the fact that even the most casual NBA fan knew that Russ was going to be a terrible fit PRIOR to going to LA? LeBron, who's a genius, was the one lobbying for Russ.

Bron's Stephen Hawking level BBIQ really let him down on that one :mjcry:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Bron's Stephen Hawking level BBIQ really let him down on that one :mjcry:

Russ could have worked, just not for the pieces that they gave away for him. The issue really was that they didn't have anything else around that big 3. Him on a lesser contract I think could have worked, maybe not to the extent that they wanted tho.

Russ wasn't a max player guy when he came to LA

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Russ could have worked, just not for the pieces that they gave away for him. The issue really was that they didn't have anything else around that big 3. Him on a lesser contract I think could have worked, maybe not to the extent that they wanted tho.

Russ wasn't a max player guy when he came to LA

Plus AD was hurt the whole time.

Before they traded Russ and acquired Rui I would wonder how that lineup would have faired if AD could have stayed healthy.

Russ
Reaves
Rui
Bron
AD

I remember they beat the Knicks

Then again Ham was still the coach and he did not know how to use Rui.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I'll always contend Bron panicked after seeing Brooklyn get 3 stars. He was determined to get one even if Dame said no.
I don't think it was exclusively Bron tho. LeBron and AD wanted Dame/Derozan first and foremost, then obviously pivoted to Russ. I think that the organization panicked and wanted another Big 3 for multiple reasons

That Buddy Hield trade would have been TRASH tho lol. Everyone keeps on saying that they should have made that one, and Hield has bounced around the league.

What the Lakers SHOULD have done was trade for Myles Turner/Hield+whatever else. Turner on this team would have been so great, I can't understand why they didn't do it.

They wanted to hold onto their 1st round pick for a bigger star and are STILL left holding it cause it's not gonna happen

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I don't think it was exclusively Bron tho. LeBron and AD wanted Dame/Derozan first and foremost, then obviously pivoted to Russ. I think that the organization panicked and wanted another Big 3 for multiple reasons

That Buddy Hield trade would have been TRASH tho lol. Everyone keeps on saying that they should have made that one, and Hield has bounced around the league.

What the Lakers SHOULD have done was trade for Myles Turner/Hield+whatever else. Turner on this team would have been so great, I can't understand why they didn't do it.

They wanted to hold onto their 1st round pick for a bigger star and are STILL left holding it cause it's not gonna happen

I low key would like for Russ to come back ass an off the bench guard.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Heild is trash. The same people who wanted him are the same people who were hyping up the Gabe Vincent signing.

Pairing Turner with AD would’ve been scary.

I disagree with you. Westbrook would have never worked. Regardless of the roster construction. Russ is a terrible decision maker with a broken jump shot. No team that's serious about winning would ever go after him.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Heild is trash. The same people who wanted him are the same people who were hyping up the Gabe Vincent signing.

Pairing Turner with AD would’ve been scary.

I disagree with you. Westbrook would have never worked. Regardless of the roster construction. Russ is a terrible decision maker with a broken jump shot. No team that's serious about winning would ever go after him.
Turner trade imo would elevate this team to a top 4 team in the West, then work out the backup PG and see what happens

I mean your point on Russ is fair, I just see how desperately the Lakers need a backup PG and like the idea of Russ. He obviously showed he wasn’t willing to take that type of role with the Lakers and it wouldn’t have worked, but the idea of it I like

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'll always contend Bron panicked after seeing Brooklyn get 3 stars. He was determined to get one even if Dame said no.

My tin foil hat theory is LeBron wanted to prove that he could win a ring with Russ when KD couldn't, esp after KD teamed up with Kyrie.:patrice:
On a more serious note, after the team collapsed when AD went down against Phoenix, I think everbody (Bron, AD, front office) wanted a star to carry the load during the inevitable AD/LeBron injury time. They just overlooked how bad the fit would be when all three were on the floor at the same time.