Who's had the better career? Snoop or fifty?

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The track 50 and snoop
Made together was fukking great as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeJBz2s7ut8"]snoop dogg ft 50cent oh no (full video) - YouTube[/ame]

50 kinda crushed him though

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
:why:

That album is not a masterpiece. Not even close to it.

-Fastest selling hip hop album of the time
-established snoop as a household name
-classic singles
- dope production
-helped launch a brand
-another great testament to G-Funk

- One of the best selling albums in hip hop
- established 50 as a household name
- classic singles
- dope production
- introduced the game to G-Unit and made a platform
- changed the way artists are marketed

Honestly you could come up with more reason why GRODT is more of a classic than Doggystyle especially when you consider it's influence on modern hip hop. People need to stop acting like classic = masterpiece.

:rudy: nikka, Doggystyle took gangsta rap to heights that not even NWA or The Chronic did years before you can't talk about influence or impact when comparing these albums. How many nikkas were really trying to be like or sound like 50 Cent after GRODT came out outside of the G-Unit camp?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
It's not even the best album to come out that year.............

When I say era I'm talking the G-Funk era. The only G-Funk album you could say is better would be The Chronic. Which is up for debate.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy: nikka, Doggystyle took gangsta rap to heights that not even NWA or The Chronic did years before you can't talk about influence or impact when comparing these albums. How many nikkas were really trying to be like or sound like 50 Cent after GRODT came out outside of the G-Unit camp?

Everyone got their gangsta in though and tried the beef route, it was influential for the times.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
:rudy: nikka, Doggystyle took gangsta rap to heights that not even NWA or The Chronic did years befsore you can't talk about influence or impact when comparing these albums. How many nikkas were really trying to be like or sound like 50 Cent after GRODT came out outside of the G-Unit camp?

GRODT launched a brand. If his album was a dud they wouldn't have allowed anything to come out of that brand. Every single G-Unit album to come out can be attributed to GRODT's success. Can you say there wouldn't have been gangsta albums on the west coast because of Snoop? Outside of Biggie, I don't think many rappers on the east were really drawing any type of influence from him, but I can't verify that. Are you really trying to give Snoop credit for G-funk too tho?

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
Snoop by far and the only way he has really changed is that he doesn't talk about the gunplay as much. Still smoking weed and talking about hoes. 50 went from thug, to r&b singer, to I don't smoke or drink. He was just a fraud with good production.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snoop managed to reinvent himself, even if it meant selling out. 50 has yet to make a transition that would interest the masses again.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Snoops been relevant since 91

Fif.... :laugh: hasn't been anything serious since 06

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
GRODT launched a brand. If his album was a dud they wouldn't have allowed anything to come out of that brand. Every single G-Unit album to come out can be attributed to GRODT's success. Can you say there wouldn't have been gangsta albums on the west coast because of Snoop? Outside of Biggie, I don't think many rappers on the east were really drawing any type of influence from him, but I can't verify that. Are you really trying to give Snoop credit for G-funk too tho?

No but it took G-funk it to the next level, The Chronic was big but Doggystyle took that shyt to another level..after Doggystyle everybody was trying to duplicate the sound on the West and even Chicago...I know you remember this :usure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can we acknowledge The Chronic as a Snoop album, at least in the tradition of Duos like Gangstarr and EPMD. Cause Snoop work on The Chronic is masterful and the most impressive sh!t along with the production. Then of course, Doggystyle. so to me Snoop has 2 classics, and in the Chronic an absolute monster of a game changing album.

50 i respect a lot and is underrated, but GRODT is 5 good songs and a bunch of trash filler. He was huge overall but his music don't hold up. The massacre had good joints as well. But not top down great.

Basically Snoop.