Who's had the better career? Snoop or fifty?

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say doggy style>>>>>GRODT, but both debuts are good and Afyer that they kinda fell off or never hit them heights again.

I know it's cool to hate fifty, but his mix tape work is classic, I probably got more 50 music on my iPod, but I'd say snoops greatest moments are greater.

Kinda the same sorta artist, though I'd say snoops singles are still decent.

More to say, but I'm kinda drunk right now, do wanna see what other people think.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Music wise?

I gotta admit last one I check was blue carpet and I remember it being decent, snoop always has great singles.

But that 50 cent tape where he rapped over r&b classics was a summer classic to me and return of the body snatchers was a great group album and they was fairly recent (last 5 years or so)

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Snoop as an undebatable classic, and several banger filled albums.

50 has one decent album that's called a classic because it sold a lot of records, and a whole lot of garbage.

OrbanTrilltor

All Star
Daps
Snoop got like ... the best career in hip-hop. :smugdraper:

He's a household name, and very few hip-hop artists can say that about themselves.
Ask ANYONE in the streets, and they'll know who Snoop is.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Snoop as an undebatable classic, and several banger filled albums.

50 has one decent album that's called a classic because it sold a lot of records, and a whole lot of garbage.

nikka, that is exactly why Doggystyle is a classic. It wasn't a masterpiece:leostare:

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Snoop, been relevant since 92 Doggystyle is classic,Top Dogg,Last Meal are great albums..movies,clothing line etc..and respect in the rap game..the nikka is like 45 still gettin features on nikkas albums.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though Snoop sold the fukk out completely and made some horrendeous songs in the process, you can't deny that he is now in the game for almost 20 years and still relevant.

50 Cent on the other hand comes from a different era and things aren't looking promising.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
nikka, that is exactly why Doggystyle is a classic. It wasn't a masterpiece:leostare:

Doggystyle was one of the greatest, if not THE greatest album of it's era.

It'a a flawless record.

Get Rich has at least four skippers. And three or four classic tracks at the very most.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though Snoop sold the fukk out completely and made some horrendeous songs in the process, you can't deny that he is now in the game for almost 20 years and still relevant.

50 Cent on the other hand comes from a different era and things aren't looking promising.

This is what I'm saying, I'm a snoop fan, but at done point I stopped checking, cos he dropped some crap.

50s the same for the most part, but including mix tapes, his early career was great as well.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps

:why:

That album is not a masterpiece. Not even close to it.

-Fastest selling hip hop album of the time
-established snoop as a household name
-classic singles
- dope production
-helped launch a brand
-another great testament to G-Funk

- One of the best selling albums in hip hop
- established 50 as a household name
- classic singles
- dope production
- introduced the game to G-Unit and made a platform
- changed the way artists are marketed

Honestly you could come up with more reason why GRODT is more of a classic than Doggystyle especially when you consider it's influence on modern hip hop. People need to stop acting like classic = masterpiece.

egolessindigo

G O H A R D
Daps
Reppin
N E W W O R L D N Y
in terms of money, 50 got to the money a lot faster with his vitamin water and reebok deal, but snoop has the rappers dream career, he prolly rarely gets busted for weed, his name is HOUSEHOLD so hes able book faster than a lot of nikkas, and he has worked with just about every legend in hip hop and music in general, i would say snoop has the more desirable career

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Doggystyle was one of the greatest, if not THE greatest album of it's era.

It'a a flawless record.

Get Rich has at least four skippers. And three or four classic tracks at the very most.

It's not even the best album to come out that year.............

EDIT: for the record I'm not saying that one is better than the other so I don't know why you are comparing them. Never said GRODT was a masterpiece either