Who Will Microsoft Buy Next?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Remedy and bungie would make a lot of sense for them. Square enix and Capcom are most likely not gonna happen lol

MS actually got super close to acquiring square before starting Xbox up until they agreed on a price, took a meeting to finalize it, and then the CFO for square raised it at the very last minute and deaded the deal

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
MS actually got super close to acquiring square before starting Xbox up until they agreed on a price, took a meeting to finalize it, and then the CFO for square raised it at the very last minute and deaded the deal
I don't know if the big Japanese companies would be willing to cut off the Japanese market by going Microsoft exclusive. Sega makes the most sense, but even then a xbox exclusive persona game doesn't make sense at all considering Japan is the target audience of the series.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I don't know if the big Japanese companies would be willing to cut off the Japanese market by going Microsoft exclusive. Sega makes the most sense, but even then a xbox exclusive persona game doesn't make sense at all considering Japan is the target audience of the series.
Yea that’s the main issue. The switch is killing it in Japan right now. Plus Sony will always have a strong presence their. I know that a lot of JRPG’s have been having some success on PC. But Xbox is still non existent over their.

Like Persona is popular but it still isn’t big enough to carry Microsoft by itself in Japan.

Last edited:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
If they had intentions to buy Sega they already fumbled the bag imo. They could’ve made Sega both an integral part of their games catalog and hardware branding for Next Gen with no possible way for Sony to create a story that big. Playing ketchup if you ask me....

But what was it that happened with Konami again? :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If they had intentions to buy Sega they already fumbled the bag imo. They could’ve made Sega both an integral part of their games catalog and hardware branding for Next Gen with no possible way for Sony to create a story that big. Playing ketchup if you ask me....

But what was it that happened with Konami again? :patrice:

But isn’t that what they did with Bethesda? :jbhmm:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
What about acitivision? What do they have?

Ain’t COD boomin???
But isn’t that what they did with Bethesda? :jbhmm:
:dwillhuh:

What I’m saying is they could’ve drawn upon Sega’s legacy as a console maker and bring a whole new energy to how they’ll brand future releases with Segas signature spin on Microsoft projects or vice versa.

Like a soft reintroduction to the console market for Sega but with Microsoft’s infrastructure is essentially what I’m trying to say.

That’d get me type hype:gladbron:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

what Japanese market tho breh :heh: they’ve been in freefall for years.

if anything, with gamepass you might see an uptick in Japanese companies catering to their own again :yeshrug:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

All Sega makes are Yakuza games and Persona. Capcom is just RE and Monster Hunter, these companies don't do anything fresh anymore.

Plague Tale was a great 3rd person game on a limited budget, give Asobo the $, and they can be MS's Naughty Dog. Remedy hasn't made a banger, but Control was pretty good, and they're creative. I'm not the biggest Bungie fan, but you can't ignore the success of Halo 1-3 and Destiny.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
All Sega makes are Yakuza games and Persona. Capcom is just RE and Monster Hunter, these companies don't do anything fresh anymore.

Plague Tale was a great 3rd person game on a limited budget, give Asobo the $, and they can be MS's Naughty Dog. Remedy hasn't made a banger, but Control was pretty good, and they're creative. I'm not the biggest Bungie fan, but you can't ignore the success of Halo 1-3 and Destiny.
Clueless.:mjlol: