Who will be the next AEW World Champion?

Who's going to win the tournament?

• Chris Jericho

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Bryan Danielson

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • Sammy Guevara

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Darby Allin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Moxley

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I feel like it's Bryan's time. He's always great for underdog stories. He lost to Page, he lost to Jericho, he lost to Moxley. Now's his chance to beat all of them and be world champion in just a few weeks.

If you look at Tony Khan's booking when dealing with injuries, he likes to get a replacement who can fill a similar role instead of completely chaning everything. When Bryan was hurt, Claudio took his place winning the ROH championship, facing Zack Sabre Jr at Forbidden Door, and winning Blood and Guts.

Now it's Bryan's time to take Punks place as top face. It's funny because when Punk quit in 2014, Bryan became the guy fans rallied around to get him a world championship at Wrestlmania. Now Bryan may be champion after Punk leaves again.
That is funny only reason DB probably got that mania spot was cuz punk walked out

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
So it can be BD vs Mox or a longshot but Jericho vs Guevara. Don't see the point in putting two stable mates together in the finals. Unless plan is to break up one of the teams. MJF likely winning the title at or before full gear. If a heel wins, likely do it sooner. Face might have a lengthy run. But who knows. The top 3 may be the best options but any would be fine without the title, so won't matter which one gets it. Don't think Jericho can handle being JAS leader and seeing Sammy as champ. I say if it's gonna be a transitional champion and a short reign, give it to Darby. :manny:

Can see how it goes and call an audible on the Canada debut in Toronto on 10/12 or let him hold it until Full Gear. He prolly has the least odds so he'll be an underdog every match. Crowd will likely be strongly behind him. There's already enough fukkery outside of the ring to distract from any of it. He's not the most believable but I think with Sting mentoring and some decent booking it could work. Jericho, Mox, and Omega had memorable or at least decent title reigns. The bar was set with Hangman, so all he has to do is match that and that prolly won't be hard to do. Tho we know how scared TK is.

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Moxley then MJF hijacks it

after that Wardlow should beat his ass again for it

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's funny because when Punk quit in 2014, Bryan became the guy fans rallied around to get him a world championship at Wrestlmania. Now Bryan may be champion after Punk leaves again.
By the time Punk was gone Bryan had more than 6 months of fans wanting him to be the top guy. Punk leaving opened up the path for the booking to adapt and let him get the big WM moment but fans rallied behind Bryan WAY before Punk left.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Most all of us WANT it to be Danielson. The brackets are perfectly made so he can avenge all of his losses and go on a big run.

But after last night's show it seemed it's going to be Moxley so he can face MJF :francis:

Adderall man doing his best to get me to bush this shyt. I dont got the patience for another Mox run :snoop:.

Krack jr left to college im trying to fill up the empty nest w boxing/muaythai/playfighting :beli:

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
Almost all of us WANT it to be Danielson. The brackets are perfectly made so he can avenge all of his losses and go on a big run.

But after last night's show it seemed it's going to be Moxley so he can face MJF :francis:
To be fair MJF had next. Hoe ass punk ruined it. I'm surprised MJF wasn't one of the guys to approach punk and offer the fade.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Gotta be Danielson. Mox about to take an L and a break

Danielson probably since moxley has a vacation pending :manny:
This is true but he can still take that vacation in November after putting MJF over. Mox seems like a enough of team player to get ANOTHER transitional title reign and use it as a character builder once he returns from vacation.

You give Danielson the belt and him holding for 6 weeks doesn't make much sense. You'd have to figure out a way for MJF to not challenge him at Full Gear and build to that match for Revolution or DoN 2023. To me that's the ideal scenario but I don't see Tony Khan pulling that off :manny: