Who was your favorite sports player as a kid, and who is it now? Daps n rep!

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Past
Peter Warrick
Mauce
Timmy D
TMac
Floyd Mayweather
Daunte Culpepper
Roy Jones Jr (the Roy I knew is long gone brehs:mjcry:)

Present
Dalvin Cook
Jameis
Kawhi
Unibrow
Andre Ward
Adrien Broner
Deshaun Watson

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Dominique Wilkins. My father had the old tapes of the 1985 Dunk Contest, the 1988 All Star Game, the 1985 Rookies Vs. Veterans charity game (Jordan played for the rookies and Nique played for the Vets and had TWELVE DUNKS) and a couple old Hawks games and I'd watch them over and over and over

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
My idol growing up was Jerry Rice and then Steve Young...this was around the early 90s. From playing ball in the street and on my high school team, everyone who was a receiver wanted to be #80 back then. I use to be a serious football/basketball card collector back then. My parents got me a Jerry Rice Rookie Card on Christmas of 1992. It's probably one of the best gifts I ever had...and I still have it toil this day.

Barry Sanders was always a favorite too. If you missed him--I feel bad for ya....he was one RB that we will never see the likes of again.

A major check on my bucket list of life is when i met him in 2007, took a picture with him and he autographed a book for me.

back in the 80s, when I was really young, Mike Schmidt, 3rd baseman for the Phillies along with Darryl Strawberry of the Mets and eventually Jose Conseco around 1989,90. were my favorite players

Being from Philly in the early 80s....Julius Erving was still a hometown hero back then after the 82' championship.

MJ was always respected, no homo, but he was bigger than big back then so it was cliche for him to be your favorite.

in the 90s with basketball....Penny Hardaway and Alonzo Morning were my favorite two players.

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who the hell actively goes out and gets a Pooh Richardson and Jeff Malone jersey?
No disrespect to them players but cmon man:stopitslime:
Well the t wolves just got their squad so options were severely limited....I suppose I could have went with a Tyrone Corbin, Sid Lowe, or Randy Breuer jersey....

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a kid? Ken Griffey Jr.

Now? Hard to say because I don't really feel that there are many athletes who are "must see tv". Leo Messi comes to mind.

I want to say Zlatan because he's past his prime but his interviews are the greatest.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Well the t wolves just got their squad so options were severely limited....I suppose I could have went with a Tyrone Corbin, Sid Lowe, or Randy Breuer jersey....
Im talking about the Clippers
You walk outside in the Bronx in a Clips jersey back in the day you a junkie or an alcoholic :deadmanny:
Wasnt noone even thinkin bout no Twolves yet

And "i" eventually got a JR Rider jersey
Edit

shyt i think it was a year later if im not mistaken

Last edited:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
When I was young I idolized Shaq and MJ. Being from Illinois MJ is a given, but when I first saw Shaq I was :gladbron: x 1000. I also remember when I got into playing baseball, and would try to imitate Albert Belle---that crazy man was my favorite.

Now, as I don't enjoy team sports as much, my favorite sportsman is definitely Bad ass Tim Bradley. Great fighter in the ring, great person outside of it, tons of heart and balls of steel.

So who is it for y'all?

Roy Jones Jr.

Lil J was his manager back then. I was already a stan. But he used to stop by Prince every once in awhile and teach some of us youngins.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
NBA : David Robinson , Magic Johnson, Mitch Richmond & Tracy McGrady

NFL : Jerry Rice , J.J. Stokes and Curtis Martin

MLB : Griffey , Joe Carter and Ricky Henderson

NHL : Joe Sakic

Other sports: Thierry Henry soccer

Gail Devers , Hicam El Gorrouch , Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson, -Track and field

Now

NBA - Boogie :yeshrug:

NFL- Jameis Winston
NHL- Alex Oveikhin
MLB- None right now.

Other sports: Usain Bolt, Lewis Hamilton, Galen Rupp .