Who was treated worse when they first immigrated to America, the Irish or the Italians?

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
They both had it very hard.

Probably the most powerful Italian and Irish of their day:

i0CHKnckFLlY.jpg

I might replace Blue Eyes with Giacana but pretty much the most beloved.

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
sorry mate. I get defensive as hell on that subject. :heh:

the brits did supply and collude with loyalist terror groups though. not to mention their indiscriminate killing of civilians.

Well, the indiscriminate murder kind of both went both ways. Collateral damage, I suppose. But the English need to get out of Ireland.

That's why I only drink Catholic whiskey.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
probably the irish. plus the big migration in the 1840s was caused by the brits commiting genocide on us and we're still to this day treated like shyt in our own country by the brits.

I know italians where victims of one of the biggest mass lynchings in us history though and it took until at least the 50s for either group to be accepted by white america fully.

They thought they was black so that really does not count.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I think by this point, enough Irish and Italians had integrated into mainstream white society.
Well I see why they did accept the Italians, cant claim the acheivementd ofRome and the ownership of the classics while looking down on the descendents. Especially since America went through several periods of intellectual enlightenment with Greek and Roman teachings as the backbone.

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
Well I see why they did accept the Italians, cant claim the acheivementd ofRome and the ownership of the classics while looking down on the descendents. Especially since America went through several periods of intellectual enlightenment with Greek and Roman teachings as the backbone.

I'm not so sure if that's true.

Constantine embraced Christantiy to unite an empire who was threatened by Christian "revolutionaries."

The Greeks did inspire democracy which governs this country. However, most founding fathers were deists. They cherry picked from many cultures.

Jefferson even made changes to the Bible.

This fundamental Christianity from the 80's is the theocracy the founding fathers fought against.

The Catholics (Irish and Italians) were seen as a threat due to their connection to the Vatican while the people in power feared the potential for theocracy once again.