Who was treated worse when they first immigrated to America, the Irish or the Italians?

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Also, keep in mind the Irish back in the UK were terrorists in the eyes of the English for all the subversive attacks and bombings.

The "Troubles" lasted for an epic time and the English were pissed.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Also, keep in mind the Irish back in the UK were terrorists in the eyes of the English for all the subversive attacks and bombings.

The "Troubles" lasted for an epic time and the English were pissed.

The english where the terrorists. what we where doing was fighting back.

The level of threat from an ira attack has actually been raised from moderate to substantial recently too. it's not over.

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
The english where the terrorists. what we where doing was fighting back.

The level of threat from an ira attack has actually been raised from moderate to substantial recently too. it's not over.

The English were imperialists not terrorists, using their military might.

The Irish fought back using terrorist methods.

That's not always a bad thing depending on perspective. You could easily argue that the American colonists employed terrorist methods against the English during the American Revolutionary War.

I'm on the IRA side, by the way.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's close both were treated pretty bad. Was watching some pbs documentary on Italian Americans and the way the media and politicians including presidents talked about Italian Americans as no good murderers and threats to the American way of life was :whoo:

It was probably also easier for Irish to assimilate because they look ideally white like wasps where a lot of Italians can pass for Hispanics because of their olive skin

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
It's close both were treated pretty bad. Was watching some pbs documentary on Italian Americans and the way the media and politicians including presidents talked about Italian Americans as no good murderers and threats to the American way of life was :whoo:

It was probably also easier for Irish to assimilate because they look ideally white like wasps where a lot of Italians can pass for Hispanics because of their olive skin

Names kind of give it away.

I'm sure Sinatra and Dean Martin got the they're okay for Italians treatment because they were talented.

But the whole Catholic thing was a big deal that's why Kennedy being elected was such a big deal.

And both groups brought bootlegging to the country help bring such a stigma to both groups.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
The English were imperialists not terrorists, using their military might.

The Irish fought back using terrorist methods.

That's not always a bad thing depending on perspective. You could easily argue that the American colonists employed terrorist methods against the English during the American Revolutionary War.

I'm on the IRA side, by the way.

sorry mate. I get defensive as hell on that subject. :heh:

the brits did supply and collude with loyalist terror groups though. not to mention their indiscriminate killing of civilians.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Names kind of give it away.

I'm sure Sinatra and Dean Martin got the they're okay for Italians treatment because they were talented.

But the whole Catholic thing was a big deal that's why Kennedy being elected was such a big deal.

And both groups brought bootlegging to the country help bring such a stigma to both groups.

Dean Martin's real name was Dino Crocetti.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
My favorite movie of all time.

I'm not saying Italians had it easy.

They both had it very hard.

Probably the most powerful Italian and Irish of their day:

i0CHKnckFLlY.jpg

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I know.

And he used to be a boxer.

We haven't even discussed poor Jewish immigrants.

No group had to take a stage name more to participate in show business.

Man, you know alot! Any good books you recommend on this topic in this thread along with poor Jewish immigrants?