Who Smells Like Champagne Now? 2016-2017 Cleveland Cavaliers Season Thread

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
guess we know why Bron been off lately...
gVGar3i.png

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Long post so bare with me. I really like the culture that the Cavs are building. I honestly think they are gonna be ok even after Bron declines then retires. I remember when the Decision aired. It was a dark day that took the air out of the Cavs. Mo Williams being upset. Firing Mike brown for Byron Scott. Even after drafting Kyrie and Tristan thompson. People were questioning whether Kyrie was that guy. I'm not in Cleveland but it seemed like things really started looking up when Wiggins got drafted. Bron decides to come back and the process just sped up. It's like expectations went from 50 to 100.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Long post so bare with me. I really like the culture that the Cavs are building. I honestly think they are gonna be ok even after Bron declines then retires. I remember when the Decision aired. It was a dark day that took the air out of the Cavs. Mo Williams being upset. Firing Mike brown for Byron Scott. Even after drafting Kyrie and Tristan thompson. People were questioning whether Kyrie was that guy. I'm not in Cleveland but it seemed like things really started looking up when Wiggins got drafted. Bron decides to come back and the process just sped up. It's like expectations went from 50 to 100.

Well I covered most of what happened behind the scenes in our older season threads.

The culture building is the one thing I give sole credit to David Griffin. There are moves and situations that he and his supporting staff have done that has done wonders for the locker room.

Not to mention the accerlation of the maturation process of Tristan and Kyrie.

Love looks and is acting like he belongs. This was one of my highlights going into this series. This is where he needed to find a comfort zone. They will need him at his best if they want to repeat.

The bench found a spark too.

Last edited:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
this three day wait is gonna be torturous :sadcam:

careless with the basketball, inconsistent rebounding effort, letting the lead balloon back up whenever we made a run.

let's take game 2:demonic:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
this three day wait is gonna be torturous :sadcam:

careless with the basketball, inconsistent rebounding effort, letting the lead balloon back up whenever we made a run.

let's take game 2:demonic:

Some great defense caused some of those TOs.

Cavs couldn't match the Warriors intensity and focus. They looked unprepared like last year's Game 1.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Some great defense caused some of those TOs.

Cavs couldn't match the Warriors intensity and focus. They looked unprepared like last year's Game 1.
they came out flat in the third quarter, never had an upbeat moment offensively or defensively that entire second half. them getting blown out in a loss isnt doomsday though. game two is a clean slate

I'm wondering if they will switch up the defensive game plan or change some things around, they might have went a little far with trying to take away the three tonight. I get the rationale, but man if I wasn't :stopitslime: at j.r. just letting durant waltz to the rim. yeah curry from three is dangerous but you've got defenders trailing who might be able to get to him and your the only person in front of durant

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
One bright spot.....

Its the fact their was no bright spot in this game...

Offense was staggered
Unforced Turnovers
Kevin love uselessness
Referee was on the warrior side..
Defense did not know who to pick so kd had the red carpet
Kardashian's was thinking of his reality tv show

All and all.. if this is the worse they will play.. then its a small chance still..

As kyrie said... This was the "feel" game

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
they came out flat in the third quarter, never had an upbeat moment offensively or defensively that entire second half. them getting blown out in a loss isnt doomsday though. game two is a clean slate

I'm wondering if they will switch up the defensive game plan or change some things around, they might have went a little far with trying to take away the three tonight. I get the rationale, but man if I wasn't :stopitslime: at j.r. just letting durant waltz to the rim. yeah curry from three is dangerous but you've got defenders trailing who might be able to get to him and your the only person in front of durant
Lack of communication... That can be fixes..

But lebron cant guard kd this much... Kd got tons of rest.. lebron was playing 1 full quarter + 2 minutes..

They need to bring in Jefferson.. put lebron at the 4... Make Jefferson guard durant some...

Love cannot guard anyone on gsw......not one player.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just gotta adjust for game 2. TT and Korver both had 0 points and JR only had 3. If they even get near their averages then it's a totally different game. Once the Cavs missed a few bunnies in the first half I felt like things just would break their way tonight.

No need to panic. Not even a little bit.