Who remembers footage of Suge Knight sonnin the hiphop community infront of Farrakhan

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Too much Suge d!cklicking going on in this thread (led by known West Coast d!cklicker @StillNotSoft). Yea, Suge got by that podium and spit some gems but then he said some unnecessary sh!t, bacause of personal vendettas, about dudes that ran their labels MUCH more efficiently than he did. He fvcked up by running his label like a street gang and not a legitimate business. Master P, Birdman, Dre, Russell, Puff...ALL them n!ggas doing much better than him. He's quick to talk about artists getting robbed but the n!gga was doing Pac dirty. The biggest hip hop artist in the world died without sh!t and his mother had to go through years of litigation to get what's properly owed to his estate. I fvcks with some of the sh!t Suge did when Deathrow was on top of the world but the blind cocksucking in here is embarrassing.

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Suge kicked knowledge but when he get to insulting people:skip: fools get scared. Just like today nikkas don't wanna step on toes cause they trying to do whatever for the dough and hang around or befriend anybody for the money.

It's ridiculous for rap to be 30-40 years deep but none of the people who came up in it are the ones running it.
:huhldup: :birdman: :ufdup:

There's a lot of people, specially execs.
But do you mean that there's no one from hiphop running one of the 3 major labels, where hiphop makes up like 15 % of revenue? That's another type of grind, owning a independent hiphop label is not like being a CEO of a 8 billion dollar French subsidiary.

Last edited:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
:huhldup: :birdman: :ufdup:

There's a lot of people, specially execs.
But do you mean that there's no one from hiphop running one of the 3 major labels, where hiphop makes up like 15 % of revenue? That's another type of grind, owning a independent hiphop label is not like being a CEO of a 8 billion dollar French subsidiary.
Rappers and hip hop execs should be running the rap game. Dee and waah and dame and master p and jermaine dupri and Luke should up in those offices. Not some corny cac who had never sold a record in his life before he was given a executive postion. People with a history in the rap game like daz and trick daddy is who labels should be employing to A&R not some damn dork who know nothin about what's going on in the streets where these artist come from.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Rappers and hip hop execs should be running the rap game. Dee and waah and dame and master p and jermaine dupri and Luke should up in those offices. Not some corny cac who had never sold a record in his life before he was given a executive postion. People with a history in the rap game like daz and trick daddy is who labels should be employing to A&R not some damn dork who know nothin about what's going on in the streets where these artist come from.
Yeah but you need to be able to come in time to work, socialize with tech, not be hung over in meetings, take shyt from people, write a paper when someone tells you to write it, not spend a a single dollar more than someone tells you, get on a plane and go to Tennessee when someone tells you and on. Just cause you can rap doesn't mean that you'll be a good corporate rat. Just like just you can ball doesn't mean that you can work in marketing at a NBA club better than someone who has 20 years of marketing experience.

And most entrepreneurs like Dame and Master P, are not trying to work at major labels. If Dame wanted to he could get a A&R job at Def Jam and go out for afterwork beer with average people with cheap clothes, you really think he would like that?:what:. I have a hard time seeing anyone you mentioned taking a 70k a year job and living by rules or risk being fired.

There's several standalone bossess in these major labels though. Jeezy, Ross, Puff, Birdman, Kanye, T.I., Top Dawg, Drake etc and even Cole and their associated people. If you can offer shyt, you'll attract people, rappers are not dumb they'll not give their 50 % to Master P instead of Lyor Cohen if Lyor Cohen offers more. So what you are really saying is that rappers should not be profit maximizing like white people or asians.

Last edited:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but you need to be able to come in time to work, socialize with tech, not be hung over in meetings, take shyt from people, write a paper when someone tells you to write it, not spend a a single dollar more than someone tells you, get on a plane and go to Tennessee when someone tells you and on. Just cause you can rap doesn't mean that you'll be a good corporate rat. Just like just you can ball doesn't mean that you can work in marketing at a NBA club better than someone who has 20 years of marketing experience.

And most entrepreneurs like Dame and Master P, are not trying to work at major labels. If Dame wanted to he could get a A&R job at Def Jam and go out for afterwork beer with average people with cheap clothes, you really think he would like that?:what:. I have a hard time seeing anyone you mentioned taking a 70k a year job and living by rules or risk being fired.

There's several standalone bossess in these major labels though. Jeezy, Ross, Puff, Birdman, Kanye, T.I., Top Dawg, Drake etc and even Cole and their associated people. If you can offer shyt, you'll attract people, rappers are not dumb they'll not give their 50 % to Master P instead of Lyor Cohen if Lyor Cohen offers more. So what you are really saying is that rappers should not be profit maximizing like white people or asians.
I did not say someone of dames caliber should be a A&R. He should be heading a major label. Those people I named have proven they can know how to run a company. How many times are the gonna keep recycling the same CEOs at these labels. So you're saying that the black people I mentioned are drunks and can't come to work or conduct business properly. :stopitslime: I guess the white people are perfect and professional huh.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I did not say someone of dames caliber should be a A&R. He should be heading a major label. Those people I named have proven they can know how to run a company. How many times are the gonna keep recycling the same CEOs at these labels. So you're saying that the black people I mentioned are drunks and can't come to work or conduct business properly. :stopitslime: I guess the white people are perfect and professional huh.
You didn't mention normal black people, you mentioned people that live like rap stars.
I wouldn't think that Mick Jagger or Dave Grohl would be model corporate rats either :what:, I could care less about how they look. And why did you only question one point? That they like to party and live freely is just 2 points, I mentioned about 10 others. Even Luke who might be the calmest, is a crazy dude but he could probably handle it except the fact that there's probably 1000 other dudes that are better for the job. And again major labels are not hiphop labels.

And lol @ CEO of label, Dame Dash couldn't even run smaller labels for extended periods without million of problems, how is he supposed to lead a 8 billion dollar subsidiary with leaders in Europe, boards filled with cacs, thousands of employees and on? Like I said being an entrepreneur is a completely different job. You can't run around with cameras and rob jewelry stores, smoke weed in your offices, stay in public beefs, have a dude with a camera following you when you scream at your partners and on. As an entrepreneur you are free to do whatever you want.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First he responded to a remarks I had made when I pointed out that a lot of cats had successfully flipped their street hustle into a business hustle. He pointed out that nowadays such remarks will be used against people and get them sent to jail. He said its best to be silent on what people do with their drug money.

LOL. "Suge started by telling me to shut the fukk up"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Too much Suge d!cklicking going on in this thread (led by known West Coast d!cklicker @StillNotSoft). Yea, Suge got by that podium and spit some gems but then he said some unnecessary sh!t, bacause of personal vendettas, about dudes that ran their labels MUCH more efficiently than he did. He fvcked up by running his label like a street gang and not a legitimate business. Master P, Birdman, Dre, Russell, Puff...ALL them n!ggas doing much better than him. He's quick to talk about artists getting robbed but the n!gga was doing Pac dirty. The biggest hip hop artist in the world died without sh!t and his mother had to go through years of litigation to get what's properly owed to his estate. I fvcks with some of the sh!t Suge did when Deathrow was on top of the world but the blind cocksucking in here is embarrassing.

I had one post and it was hardly "dikklicking",,you still upset I shytted on Wutang:pachaha:?What you gon do follow me around and be on my dikk in every thread now too....Don't overextend yaself breh,think you got enough people you stalking right now:whoa:

All that aside you sound dumb as shyt,but I'ma blame the fact you irrational cuz you mad at me right now....All them nikkas you named who are all doing better than Suge could've easily been in the same boat as Suge....guess you gon just put aside kidnappings,chain bountys,beating and shooting at girlfriends,alleged assasinations,shootouts in clubs,hiring bloods on the payroll so you and ya son can be bloods together,beating up execs in they offices...Gotta act like that stuff aint happen when you tryna make a point I guess,Yup theyve all been nothing but model businessmen:mjlol:

And we don't know Pacs money situation,he was only on the label 8 months,hardly enough time to get paid or not get paid for his work:manny:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I had one post and it was hardly "dikklicking",,you still upset I shytted on Wutang:pachaha:?What you gon do follow me around and be on my dikk in every thread now too....Don't overextend yaself breh,think you got enough people you stalking right now:whoa:

All that aside you sound dumb as shyt,but I'ma blame the fact you irrational cuz you mad at me right now....All them nikkas you named who are all doing better than Suge could've easily been in the same boat as Suge....guess you gon just put aside kidnappings,chain bountys,beating and shooting at girlfriends,alleged assasinations,shootouts in clubs,hiring bloods on the payroll so you and ya son can be bloods together,beating up execs in they offices...Gotta act like that stuff aint happen when you tryna make a point I guess,Yup theyve all been nothing but model businessmen:mjlol:

And we don't know Pacs money situation,he was only on the label 8 months,hardly enough time to get paid or not get paid for his work:manny:

Son, you was d!cklicking and ain't no long ass posts gonna change that. You a d!cklicker. Dispute anything I said in my post or stfu.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
St louis
Suge was entertaining as fukk.
him getting two peiced by that
gay beautician fukked up everything.
now the nikka is fainting in court with
a 3 blind mice cane and rockin terminator x
blue blocker shades...
:mjcry:

wat6rr.jpg

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Son, you was d!cklicking and ain't no long ass posts gonna change that. You a d!cklicker. Dispute anything I said in my post or stfu.

I already disputed ya dikklicking claim,and the bullshyt you was spewing in ya post,I'm not gon repeat myself nikka...Now point out where I was dikklicking or get off my dikk...I said Suge was speaking the truth and then you came in and agreed he was speaking the truth,yet I'm dikklickng? wtf you talkin about breh:mjlol:? Oh you don't know cuz you mentioned my name cuz you still mad about some other shyt from days ago:sas1:?