Who is your favorite active wrestler and why?

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Danielson, might be my overall favorite wrestler of all time :manny: He’s a genius in the ring. Wish he were more selfish though

Gunther. Amazing in ring, good on the mic, just overall enjoy the way he’s presented

Ospreay. Used to hate him, but since he moved into the heavyweight division :wow:

Roman… aura

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
My favorite wrester right now is Bianca Belair because she's consistently great in the ring, she always resonates with the fans, and she's on the GOAT babyface Mt. Rushmore along witg Ricky Steamboat & Rey Misterio, Jr.
Big up to the EST.

Bianca Belair Wrestlemania 39 GIF

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Liv for the female side :steviej:

Skye getting up there tho :ehh:

Swerve Seth and AJ on the male side :ehh:

I’d go with Rome but he not active at the moment

If we mean anyone who’s been active over the past few years I’d throw Rome and Kenny in there :ehh:

I’d say Osprey and he definitely up there but I don’t fukk with his finisher :hhh:

D Bry still up there but he lose just about all his major matches. Him not winning that AEW title tournament with him and Mox in the finals one of the worst booking decisions of the past decade and I’m pretty sure that was more him than TK.

That’s cool he not a mark for himself but he take it too far imo :stopitslime:

If I had to go with one at the moment I’d prolly just go with Swerve :ehh:

Last edited:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Seth Rollins (when he’s in shape)

MITB he was looking flabby but...

To me he’s the best all around worker in WWE. Win or lose he puts on good matches. You can tell he gets the WWE style of wrestling. Can work on the mid-card level and the main-event level.

Women’s is tough. Probably Bianca and Asuka.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Male

WWE: Femi, bro is just intense af, never not believable watching him in the ring
AEW: Okada, he's getting over as the a$$hole asian that barely speaks enough english, gold

Female

WWE: Jade, love seeing her get the big stage, and how she is adapting, been stan for awhile.
AEW: Mina, I knew nothing of her before AEW so been fun discovering her.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
THE OMEGA MAN!!!
q05zyv1len921.gif

But then again.....the thread says active and KO, sadly, is on the shelf. So if he doesn't count, then I don't really know who my pick would be.

MJF, ehhhhhhhh. He's really good but his title run was dire after the Bryan feud. That best buddies shyt was trash. Maybe he can get back to center in the coming months.

CM Punk, he can't stay healthy and now he's in WWE and I don't watch them.

The Rock....not active, but he stole WrestleMania. :yeshrug:

Swerve may be the closest for me and if I can't pick Kenny, then I say Swerve. When he's on, he's great but for some reason they keep presenting him as a bit secondary. I know faces are supposed to get beat up but sometimes it feels like he's.....I don't want to say treated like a chump. That's way too harsh. But sometimes, like when Ospreay snatched his belt, then two weeks later laid Swerve out at the weigh in, shyt like that rubs me the wrong way.

Then again, darling!

— — — — —

Toni Storm! Everything she does is pretty much gold. Her presentation, promos, crowd reactions, matches, look, gimmick, pretty much everything about the woman is on point. You want off the wall promos and funny faces from a wrestler who's not taking themself too seriously? Toni Storm. You want a professional wrestler who is deathly serious about being champion doing promos that get everyone in the business to stand up and fukking recognize? Toni fukking Storm! (Rosa, Deeb and broken glass promos) And then you know she can go in the ring too (watch the Deeb ppv match) Complete package from top to bottom. She might just be my pick.
In this case, active just means not retired

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Might be Goontah cause overall he's gor the right approach to this thing

And tho he's not in his prime I'll say Danielson cause of whole career

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Roman.
Roman Reigns.

He talks the biggest shyt during matches, has elite main event aura, has a goat entrance, and piloted the best story in wrestling since the nWo.
This. The transformation from WWE trying to force him on the fanbase to him arguably being the only post-Cena superstar is pretty remarkable. Roman is a larger than life character when in a lot of ways wrestling has moved away from that. He's got the glow.

I remember there being reporting that hhh told punk that he was cosplaying as wrestler instead of being one. At the time it seemed like a ridiculous thing to say about Punk. But I don't know that it's a ridiculous thing to say about the majority of the people that are on TV every week.

Wrestling without storylines/drama is not a compelling watch to me, (It's the reason the UFC fights or boxing have significantly more juice when there is bad blood), and Roman has been involved in the most compelling storylines of recent memory. I also really like that he shyt on Rollins.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Ospreay.

Home town guy making good and always trying to do it the right way. His entrance at Wembley last year still chops onions in this household.

The feud with Kenny, especially the promos before Wrestle Kingdom and the work he's done to improve his size/presence pushed him into top tier for me. Billy GOAT.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
:wow: I actually get emotional thinking about Roman journey. This man went through the trenches.

I saw the shield debut and their match against evolution right before their breakup, all in person.

After that dude had a rough journey with his character and connecting with the fans. It was so bad goofy mfs speculated the dude faked cancer to get over lmaoooo (dumb fukk wrestling fans)

It’s like watching a very long epic where the main character finally becomes royalty or like watching Naruto get shyt on for the first 400 episodes before he became leagues above everyone else

And right now roman is leagues better than 98 percent of the wrestling world… I’ll only accept like 2 or 3 names better than him if you have an argument

That man is goat’d and I’m glad I got to witness the journey. It could be a life lesson if you let it. HE WENT THROUGH THE MF TRENCHES