Who is on your Mount Rushmore of music?

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
I wouldn't be able to do it unless it was genre specific :sadcam:
same. I'd have way too many. I'd at the very least need one from every following genre:

Classical (need at least 2-3 for this)
Hip Hop (i'd need at least 2-3 for this)
Electronic Trap
Dubstep
Bass House
House
Future Bass
R&B
Soul
Pop

And this is minimum. Most people only listen to a very limited span of music, so their rushmore would look very genre specific. Mine would span across so many.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
but my nikka you gon bypass stevie, james,prince etc for fukking future and brandy :dahell:
I'ma be honest breh, I've listened to a lot more Future than those cats the last decade. Just being real.

Maybe because I was making beats heavy during this span so I was around this music a lot, I don't know.
I personally don't think it's crazy that cats have rappers through their top four if that's who they like.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I'ma be honest breh, I've listened to a lot more Future than those cats the last decade. Just being real.

Maybe because I was making beats heavy during this span so I was around this music a lot, I don't know.
I personally don't think it's crazy that cats have rappers through their top four if that's who they like.
i get that

but all time would have to go to the biggies,nas's and jay-z's for all that.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MF DOOM
Norah Jones
Brody Dalle
Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes
Iggy Pop/Etta James/Kanye (Cant decide on this one)

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
It may seem funny, but everyone on that list has had a 10+ year run putting out hits and memorable music.

MJ and Madonna speak for themselves.
Future been running nearly the last 15 years.
Brandy, probably funny but she's still top 10 to me which is why I said spots 3 and 4 get swapped out. Brandy though did objectively influence many singers due to her 90's discography. I can very well next week be in a 2Pac, Outkast, Janet or Mariah Carey vibe. There are just too many special artists.
My Rushmore is set in stone. You can't change it week to week.

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Who you got?
My mountain still under construction

Stevie and Marley got the first 2 spots for sure. The rest up for grabs between Prince Donny Hathaway Marvin MJ. And I feel like I need a woman up there too. Like Whitney Mahalia or Aretha

Lotta good music to delve into. I need time

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

Stevie and Marley got the first 2 spots for sure. The rest up for grabs between Prince Donny Hathaway Marvin MJ. And I feel like I need a woman up there too. Like Whitney Mahalia or Aretha

Lotta good music to delve into. I need time
The only person who has a solidified position on mt Olympus without exception is Michael jackson. His music trajectory is great beyond comprehension

Marley is not fukking with Prince

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

That's low key why I ca't name a top 4. Too much talent out there.

Phil Tan is one of the best mixers of all-time (was there day 1 at So So Def basically), he did Diamonds for Rihanna as well s a whole bunch of other classic and well-known/timeless songs. I actually think he's Rihanna's main mixer.

When someone asked him about his mixing process and about Diamonds he said he'd honestly mix that song differently today and would probably mix it differently from that next week. Diamonds is one of Rihanna's biggest songs to date and for him to say that really was dope to hear. That's how I kind of view this. Some folks can be definitive, I really can't be about this. I pick the top 2 who'd I basically always mention in these types of lists and know the others will basically be who I'm feeling and who'd probably be different if you ask me next month.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Alright ive settled on my number four with James brown

Dude has three students, 2 are the greatest ever and the other isnt even a person :wow:

Hip Hop, Michael jackson and Prince

:wow: