Who is in better shape now than they were before?

Daps
I'm in much better shape. Since this year started, I lost about 60lbs. A majority of that happened after the lockdown started.

Running through the neighborhood provided a new challenge as opposed to the treadmill since I always kept the incline on 0%, but my neighborhood is hilly af so I really got a workout from that, plus I would run home from work with my backpack on which added extra weight. I started adding extra miles to my run and the most I've hit so far was 10.

My knees are also way better for it. I stopped doing squats on the smith at a certain point because my knees started to hurt, and I would have to take ibuprofen after running after I took that up again. After losing the weight, my knees only ache when I run more than 4 miles or so with my backpack on. I am incorporating more collagen protein into my diet, and taking krill oil, but losing the extra pounds by far did much more for my joints than any supplement.

As far as weightlifting, I don't have much of a setup at home except whatever some previous tenants at my apartment left in the backyard. Having a limited amount of weights force me to eventually go through the reps much slower with perfect form, and really maximize time under tension. I haven't really been focusing on hypertrophy anymore but just on strength period. It took a while too, but I learned from trial and error when my body was giving the signal that I shouldn't push myself any further. You can still get stronger going for one more rep, but it's inconvenient if it means not recovering in a timely manner for your next scheduled workout.

I also have started intermittent fasting about once a week now as a tune-up for my body and overall metabolism. My baseline energy level goes up when I do so, and I get more out of my meals when I do.

Needless to say, my diet is waaay cleaner than at the beginning of the year. When I do eat junk food, it's seldom and usually done intentionally to boost my metabolism.

My goal was to get a six-pack, but the weight loss has slowed down to a crawl in the last 10lbs or so. I'm taking my sweet time now since I'm not trying to burn myself out living a healthy lifestyle. I've learned so much about nutrition these last few months that I'm not even afraid of backsliding or yo-yo'ing because I know exactly what most foods are going to do if I eat them. Inflammation is a bytch fr.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I'm in much better shape. Since this year started, I lost about 60lbs. A majority of that happened after the lockdown started.

Running through the neighborhood provided a new challenge as opposed to the treadmill since I always kept the incline on 0%, but my neighborhood is hilly af so I really got a workout from that, plus I would run home from work with my backpack on which added extra weight. I started adding extra miles to my run and the most I've hit so far was 10.

My knees are also way better for it. I stopped doing squats on the smith at a certain point because my knees started to hurt, and I would have to take ibuprofen after running after I took that up again. After losing the weight, my knees only ache when I run more than 4 miles or so with my backpack on. I am incorporating more collagen protein into my diet, and taking krill oil, but losing the extra pounds by far did much more for my joints than any supplement.

As far as weightlifting, I don't have much of a setup at home except whatever some previous tenants at my apartment left in the backyard. Having a limited amount of weights force me to eventually go through the reps much slower with perfect form, and really maximize time under tension. I haven't really been focusing on hypertrophy anymore but just on strength period. It took a while too, but I learned from trial and error when my body was giving the signal that I shouldn't push myself any further. You can still get stronger going for one more rep, but it's inconvenient if it means not recovering in a timely manner for your next scheduled workout.

I also have started intermittent fasting about once a week now as a tune-up for my body and overall metabolism. My baseline energy level goes up when I do so, and I get more out of my meals when I do.

Needless to say, my diet is waaay cleaner than at the beginning of the year. When I do eat junk food, it's seldom and usually done intentionally to boost my metabolism.

My goal was to get a six-pack, but the weight loss has slowed down to a crawl in the last 10lbs or so. I'm taking my sweet time now since I'm not trying to burn myself out living a healthy lifestyle. I've learned so much about nutrition these last few months that I'm not even afraid of backsliding or yo-yo'ing because I know exactly what most foods are going to do if I eat them. Inflammation is a bytch fr.

:salute:

FWIW, squatting on the Smith machine is terrible for you knees, muscles, spine, and pretty much everything else.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Surprisingly I didnt lose that much strength in the 2 months I was out but I got a flabby gut im getting rid of atm
And my stamina is getting back up because of jumping rope every day

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm in way better shape. The lack of work for the first month of lockdown gave me a lot more flexibility to work out than I had before, and not wanting to be :flabbynsick: when/if COVID hit me gave me that much more motivation to have my cardio on lock.

Not eating out at all after everything shut down was helpful too.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m had very minor strength loss, which I pretty much got back at this point. Can’t supplement lifting a heavy ass weight.

overall, I was already in good shape. I wouldn’t say I improved much. A bit more vascular.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Was 280 to start the year, now down to 210, got 30 more to go, but starting to feel the plateau hitting, any tips to get past the plateau?

:leon:
What did you do to get that initial 70 off?

• Number of cals per day
  • Type of training and frequency
Are you doing the same generally as when you started?

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
:leon:
What did you do to get that initial 70 off?

• Number of cals per day
  • Type of training and frequency
Are you doing the same generally as when you started?
Calorie intake 15-1800 a day

At first I was walking like 20k steps throughout the day, but I switched up and bought a bike to get more out of it, I still get about 10k steps in throughout the day.

Training right now it's mostly body weight shyt like a normal routine would be in the morning:
- 50 to 100 high knees
- 50 Russian Twists
- 20-30 boat poses
- 50-100 mountain climbers
- 20-30 dips on dip bar

Then I'll hop on the indoor bike for 45 minutes

Then once I get home I'll do another 45-60 minutes

That's the routine I'm doing now

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Calorie intake 15-1800 a day

At first I was walking like 20k steps throughout the day, but I switched up and bought a bike to get more out of it, I still get about 10k steps in throughout the day.

Training right now it's mostly body weight shyt like a normal routine would be in the morning:
- 50 to 100 high knees
- 50 Russian Twists
- 20-30 boat poses
- 50-100 mountain climbers
- 20-30 dips on dip bar

Then I'll hop on the indoor bike for 45 minutes

Then once I get home I'll do another 45-60 minutes

That's the routine I'm doing now
Who long have you been at 1,500 to 1,800?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The slow down was going to happen. That a lot of weight to lose in that time frame. I really wouldn’t suggest going lower on cals. Might be time for a general break, eat a maintenance for several weeks and then start again but less aggressive calorie deficit.

Last edited: