Who is in better shape now than they were before?

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Compare the current you to the one back in the old world, BC, when gyms were open, daps were physical and social distancing meant blocking someone on the net as you kept it moving.

What have you learned about training in the interim that benefited you? How have you adapted? What new things are you going to stick to once the game is unpaused? What alterations have you made to your training routine/livit/motivation/approach etc...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
About the same....

I'm been maintaining for the past couple of years. I got tired of traveling to the gym as well as the typical gym crowd(socializing / dating instead of lifting). I worked out at home with my only equipment being used being a pull-up bar.

I stayed about the same.

Now I'm actually back in the gym, as of last month with my nephew. He's 14 and needed to lose some weight, build confidence, gain strength, learn discipline and overall toughen up.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
About the same....

I'm been maintaining for the past couple of years. I got tired of traveling to the gym as well as the typical gym crowd(socializing / dating instead of lifting). I worked out at home with my only equipment being used being a pull-up bar.

I stayed about the same.

Now I'm actually back in the gym, as of last month with my nephew. He's 14 and needed to lose some weight, build confidence, gain strength, learn discipline and overall toughen up.
Dope you are showing him the ropes

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Dope you are showing him the ropes
Got to man. I sat down with my brother A couple months back and we were talking about all the changes his kids were going through, and I was like damn I haven’t really been there like that outside of holidays and birthdays. My brother is a single father and he’s doing a lot on his own.

But one person can only do and be so much. So I’ve stepped in to help where I can. Gotta make sure he stays on the right path, which he is, but you gotta be there. I realized me being there and giving fukk, means more than anything I can buy.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Compare the current you to the one back in the old world, BC, when gyms were open, daps were physical and social distancing meant blocking someone on the net as you kept it moving.

What have you learned about training in the interim that benefited you? How have you adapted? What new things are you going to stick to once the game is unpaused? What alterations have you made to your training routine/livit/motivation/approach etc...

Definitely in worse shape. Doing less cardio, not lifting as many hours per week, not taking other folk with me and babysitting, etc.

Only change Imma make is to make sure I have a home setup as a backup plan in case some other shyt pops like this in the future and stuff starts closing down.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
i was about the same until i was visiting my folks for extended periods smh. all the bad eating & not exercising caught up. But i'm about to get on my grind.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am a little leaner and lighter, i think because of not eating out. Used to eat out all the time.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Been doing a lot of cycle and jump rope so my conditioning is pretty good at the moment. Cut quite a bit as well (as planned), but my muscle mass ain't what it used to be.

I am not trying to see a soccer field right now because I am VERY out of shape :pachaha:

Same thing breh. I need to work my way back up to fitness. I'm targeting mid-september to get back to the pitch.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lost almost 20lbs lol.
Was lookin at pics of one of my last sessions in the gym.. face mad puffy :picard:

But I looked JACKED compared to now.

I got that runners bug during quarantine though and I like how much easier it is to run as im dropping down

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Lost almost 20lbs lol.
Was lookin at pics of one of my last sessions in the gym.. face mad puffy :picard:

But I looked JACKED compared to now.

I got that runners bug during quarantine though and I like how much easier it is to run as im dropping down

That feeling of progress when you're cutting and exercise becomes easier because you're moving around less weight :wow:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Better than I was before the quarantine, partly because I fell off a cliff end of 2019 :mjlol: body finally healed up, and I got all my equipment, now I'm a couple steps behind the best shape I've been in since organized sports. Yet idk when I'll ever play ball like that again :mjcry:

The absolute best decision I made was to try out yoga, brehs

Also, WFH that hour in the morning I had to spend getting ready and getting to work, is now a workout and a cooked breakfast :ahh: