Who had the better 2005: Trill Nikka Tista or John Cena?

Who had the better 2005?

• Trill Nikka Tista

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • John Cena

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
I always found it strange that Cena was positioned as the guy over Batista. Batista was so over before during and after the split from Evolution, and he had a career year in 05. The showing in the Chamber, winning the Rumble, main eventing Mania and beating the top heel (HHH) and winning the belt. Then out of nowhere Cena becomes top dog on RAW. Was and still is weird to me. Guess Cena lined up more in terms of what they wanted out of the top face.

To answer the OP though its Batista easily IMO. Bigger, better moments and matches than Cena was having.
Cena sold more merch and could talk batista fidnt start really cutting money promos until he went to smackdown and had to work with eddie guerreo and jbl and guys like that

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
TNT won the battle but Cena won the war, hate to admit it but its true.

Even at the Royal Rumble (I was there) , Tista had to share the spot light with Cena when it was initially a tie between them on who won . 90% of the crowd knew Dave won clean (it was close) . Having John in discussion that he may have won instead kept him relevant in the storylines. It's like he had to share every big moment he had that year outside his match with HHH.

I wanna say Batista had the better year but Cena somehow did by the end of 2005.

Daps
I actually think batista was supposed to be the poster boy/1A guy for the company, but he got injured and Cena stepped up and he became the 1B guy after that. Batista even got the bigger push out of the two initially.

Batista put evolution to sleep. That in itself puts him over Cena in 2005:ufdup:

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TNT won the battle but Cena won the war, hate to admit it but its true.

Even at the Royal Rumble (I was there) , Tista had to share the spot light with Cena when it was initially a tie between them on who won . 90% of the crowd knew Dave won clean (it was close) . Having John in discussion that he may have won instead kept him relevant in the storylines. It's like he had to share every big moment he had that year outside his match with HHH.

I wanna say Batista had the better year but Cena somehow did by the end of 2005.
Did Cena really win the war?

Batista got the successful Hollywood career

Cena at home practicing his phoenix splash

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I actually think batista was supposed to be the poster boy/1A guy for the company, but he got injured and Cena stepped up and he became the 1B guy after that. Batista even got the bigger push out of the two initially.

Batista put evolution to sleep. That in itself puts him over Cena in 2005:ufdup:
they switched their shows at the height of batista's push. cena was always planned to be the top top guy

Daps
they switched their shows at the height of batista's push. cena was always planned to be the top top guy

I think they saw cena merchandise sales and said that he was the guy from here on, but I think batista had next before hand. He even eliminated Cena at the rumble and closed out mania. The world title was a little more prestigious as well than the wwe title during the time.:yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I think they saw cena merchandise sales and said that he was the guy from here on, but I think batista had next before hand. He even eliminated Cena at the rumble and closed out mania. The world title was a little more prestigious as well than the wwe title during the time.:yeshrug:
That's cause it was HHH's storyline. You saw how that shyt flipped by 06

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I remember more of Batista's ascension to the top because it was way more entertaining and I wanted to smash him more than Cena, so Batista easily.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Batista won Rumble...won the main event at Mania 21...a better reaction at WM 21 too. Cena was postponed as a underdog by the second half of 2005 even though he was crushing Angle, Shawn Michaels, and Jericho.

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
05 was Batista’s best year in terms of popularity. After the injury it was clear that Cena was more popular than him but back then I liked Batista way more than Cena.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
He was older, idk.