Who had the best Wrestlemania matches & storylines?

Who had the best Wrestlemania matches & storylines?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Question for the older heads. With Hogan and Bundy at WM2, I know Bundy broke Hogan's ribs storyline wise but up until that point were they even feuding? I got into wrestling a few years later but it always seemed like one night on SNME, Bundy showed up and broke Hogan's ribs and boom, there was your WM2 main event.

I'm not sure.. if Bundy and Hogan had any prior contact to SNME but Bobby Heenan had been feuding with Hogan dating back to their AWA days so there was always a challenger from Heenan waiting in the wings...

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
The answer is Macho Man Randy Savage:ufdup:
Wrestlemania 2 - George the Animal steel saga
Wrestlemania 3 - Ricky Steamboat fued( injured steamboat, Bruno Sammartino came out of retirement to challenge him in disgust, Steamboats return )
Wrestlemania 4 - the face turn
Wrestlemania 5-Mega Powers explode
Wrestlemania 6 - Dusty Rhodes and his reign as King
Wrestlemania 7- Retirement and reunion with Elizabeth
Wrestlemania 8- The Comeback vs Flair
Wrestlemania 9- Fued with his best friend Crush

The lead up to all that was fire

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
You forgot Cena's debut WM match at WM20 vs Big Show.

Cuz I was about to say "wait aint no way Cena first WM match was him winning the championship"

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Not listed, But Savage vs Steamboat is some of the best storytelling you'll ever see. Savage crushing Steamboat's throat with the ring bell showed how deranged Savage became.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Question for the older heads. With Hogan and Bundy at WM2, I know Bundy broke Hogan's ribs storyline wise but up until that point were they even feuding? I got into wrestling a few years later but it always seemed like one night on SNME, Bundy showed up and broke Hogan's ribs and boom, there was your WM2 main event.
I wasn't around yet, but I did watch some tapes later on in life which documented the build up to their match and it went like this...

Bundy and Heenan were getting in front of the camera almost every week talking about how Bundy had been training hard and they were ready and challenging Hoegan to a WWF Championship match, which would go unanswered, because Hoegan was too busy doing talk show appearances, autograph sessions, and doing lectures for the kids. This eventually incensed Bundy, so he attacked Hoegan after Hulk had a successful title match against Don Muraco at a TV taping (SNME wasn't a thing just yet.) Bundy delivered 6 of those Bundy splashes to Hulk in the corner and on the canvas and left him lying in the middle of the ring. It was one of the first times the audiences had to watch Hoegan be carried out on a stretcher. Kids were crying and parents were hugging them trying to shield them from the uneasy sight. So that set up their WM 2 cage match.

After typing that out, it made me realize that storyline took some elements from Rocky 3, which Hoegan starred in.

EDIT - I stand corrected. SNME was a thing by that time and that's where the Bundy attack occurred.

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Y'all are picking Cena based on the quantity and not the quality. None of his WM matches stood out or had any emotion behind them.

Hogan's main events with Warrior, Macho, even Slaughter to a degree had emotion/passion behind them.

Roman's first match with Brock at 31 had emotion behind it from the great Heyman promos about Romans family, and the match itself was very good. And thr last match beating Brock was like a culmination.

Cena doesn't have those moments....to me