Who exactly is supposed to be the good guy in Tekken?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I thought Lei was a fed too.....actually wasnt Jun kazama a fed as well.
Anyway they're all fighting for themselves. Aint no good guys or bad guys. Just like real life.

Nah, Jun Kazama was a tree hugger. To be specific, she worked for a wildlife conservation agency.

Lei is a fed but his alignment is pretty much Jackie Chan Mr. Nice Guy status. He's in it to catch or stop bad guys. Debut had him going after Bruce and Kazuya. Went in out of curiousity one time because Heihachi was trollin' :ld: 4th tournament maybe he went in to clear his disgraced cop reputation but he saved Steve Fox from a contract hit, chasing leads in 5 had him join up to bring in Feng Wei for murking Dojo brehs :pachaha:, and he only joined the 6th tournament because Jin Kazama's fukkery was affecting China.

IMO out of almost everybody he has the most clean or heroic reasons for participating in tournaments.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
The story is that every Mishimas are scumbags bt Jin is more like an anti-hero. Jin was actually good the whole time in Tekken 6, though he had to make a tough call to lure out Azrael prematurely to have a chance at stopping him. I'd put him as Chaotic Good at best & Chaotic Neutral at worst.
Didn't Jin's "luring out Azrael" plan end up killing Miguels Wife/Sister?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always liked Jin for some reason he's an anti-hero compared to his a$$hole pops and grandfather... :manny:

You know Tekken 7 really reframes Hehachi quite a bit.
The fact that he threw Kazuya off the cliff was a direct result of knowing he got the devil gene from his mother. Not saying that Hehachi isn't still his own brand of a$$hole (cause he is) but I would say after Tekken 7 he actually seems way more sympathetic and his cause understandable.
:manny:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The fact that he threw Kazuya off the cliff was a direct result of knowing he got the devil gene from his mother. Not saying that Hehachi isn't still his own brand of a$$hole (cause he is) but I would say after Tekken 7 he actually seems way more sympathetic and his cause understandable.

Not really though. Being jealous because his father loved his son, taking the zaibatsu from jinpachi, using then betraying his grandson, i mean he didn't try a conventional way to kill kazuya. Throwing him off a mountain? This is your son, not someone you have a blood feud with. If he wasn't such a bytch to everyone that isnt kazumi and Kuma, things might not be so fukked up for him

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I need to pull up the story mode on YouTube.