Who else here is MIDDLE PASSAGE BLACK

Are you directly here because of the original African Diaspora?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It sounds like divide and conquer mentality but this isn't my intention; I feel like there is something different or special, admirable, proud, about being a 5th generation black american.

All the stories about slavery, 'share'cropping, Jim Crow, migration north, marching, dying, learning, rising, etc

That shyt isn't "our ancestors" that is MY great great grandfather, and grandfather, and grandfather. shyt, my mother was part of an integrating class of Gary West HS. So, I take serious pride in where we are because my family built America. And we didn't get paid for it.

It bothers me when others who were not TRULY part of OUR struggle take advantage of the blood we shed. this to me is African migrants, the lgbt community, Canadians, etc

Brehs from Nigeria, you didn't shed blood for this. my family tree did. and I KNOW this for a fact because my family is charted back to slave or daughter of slave by PHOTO.

Your thoughts on this opinion?

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
You're focusing on the wrong thing. Yes, many groups have come and surpassed African-Americans, taking advantage of what African-Americans built. So be mad at those groups? No. Be mad at the group and system that has no intention of seeing you ever get off the ground.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
You're focusing on the wrong thing. Yes, many groups have come and surpassed African-Americans, taking advantage of what African-Americans built. So be mad at those groups? No. Be mad at the group and system that has no intention of seeing you ever get off the ground.
Who suggested this? Now I'm very curious at your answer to the above question.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It's true, like it or not. We're at the bottom of the social totem pole even though we've been here from the beginning.
No. We aren't. See what they did to you man. You really think immigrants who work for nothing are above black Americans socially? What do they own? I mean even PROPERTY? Where are they politically?

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
No. We aren't. See what they did to you man. You really think immigrants who work for nothing are above black Americans socially? What do they own? I mean even PROPERTY? Where are they politically?
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Let's rewind. What was the premise of your original post?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Let's rewind. What was the premise of your original post?
It bothers me when a person who's family didn't shed blood or get beat, etc, assumes the identity of those who did. People from Nigeria or Somalia are not part of the same movement and fight that I did and yet are when its convenient. Other groups like north and south american immigrants, the lgb comminity, also enjoy the fruits of that struggle and don't respect it.

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
assuming the identity, no, but comparing their "struggle" for rights and 'equaltiy' to a movement we actually died for, is a huge disgrace and is incredibly disrespectful.
Ahh. In your first post you said they take advantage of the blood shed. Is that what you mean by comparing their struggle?

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
I don't separate the struggles of the African and the displaced African. Both are damn near equal; some pockets have been able to evade white supremacy, but separating isn't ideal. So I don't do it. Both are the same struggle; anyone saying otherwise is probably white or a c00n.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I don't separate the struggles of the African and the displaced African. Both are damn near equal; some pockets have been able to evade white supremacy, but separating isn't ideal. So I don't do it. Both are the same struggle; anyone saying otherwise is probably white or a c00n.
Nah man. They aren't. Especially here in America. As a global struggle maybe but no it isn't the same...not here...we have been in the belly of white supremacy since our literal day one.

The American story is a never ending marathon.

White Americans came here with nikes on running. Blacks came here, and had a shackle tethered to the ground. A few hours later the shackle was removed and replaced with a ball and chain. We realized hey this isn't equal and bled so the ball and chain was removed. Then we realized wow man...we don't have any shoes...so then they gave us a single flipflop. They're still running BTW. Now its us in a flipflop vs them in Golden swoosh Nike. Along the way, we found a pair of Chuck Taylor....so now we both have shoes....kind of.

If someone from another country joins this race with Golden nikes, with aisics, with pumas, etc or even with our chuck Taylor's

We are not in the same race. Literally.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Clearly you are white.
You are going directly there because you disagree, as a defense mechanism.

I was born in Gary Indiana in the 80s. My mother integrated her HS as i said. My uncle was chief od police of atlanta. His father, my grandfathers worked in gary steel and us steel, and my grandmother was a born a sharecropper in Mississippi before she moved to gary. Her next door neighboor slowly turned into a crackhouse in the early 90s. I saw it live. Her mother was a sharecropper too and her mother was a slave.

fukk you, for challenging my blackness. If you have further questions feel free to ask the only coli member who has met me IRL, @illadope for further questions.