Who do you have as the WOAT Dragonball villain?

WOAT Dragonball villain

• Total voters

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I honestly can't stand to hear fat bugs voice in sub or dub and that alone makes him my pick aside from being a fat phaggot with no cool signature attacks. Turning nikkas into food :hhh:

Buu legit managed to make something Cell did that was cool (eating/absorbing people to gain power) and make it lame. :hhh:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Buu off the fact that he’s basically a character with no agency or real depth. He was built up as just a monster of the week type villain who would destroy the world if he wasn’t stopped for little reason. Babidi was annoying as fukk too actually.
Yeah, Buu was basically a movie villain. He got a lot more interesting when he absorbed Piccolo and the others and actually became intelligent.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I’m at the buu vs gotenks fight now in my rewatch. This whole saga starting with the martial arts tournament has so much filler. Even more than the android and cell saga and it’s the worst filler too. It felt like they were making it up as they went along. It didn’t need to be anywhere near this long. They clearly didn’t know how they wanted this saga to end or where they wanted characters to go. Buu as a villain suffers the most here, arguably worse than Gohan even. His motivation and reason for existing are nonexistent.
Toriyama made up EVERYTHING as he went along going from the very beginning of Dragon Ball, although he also said the Buu saga was the one he did with the least amount of editorial influence and he was also burnt the fukk out, as he'd been going 10 years straight at that point. But yeah, narratively it's all over the place.

The theme for the first half of the arc is that Goku's not even part of this world anymore, and it's time for Gohan to be the guy, But then Toriyama decided he didn't like Gohan as the hero so he completely abandoned the whole setup.

Even cell suffered from the same problem honestly. What’s his motivation for anything? Why design him to not be complete until he eats 17 & 18 instead of just design him to be complete? Why does he want to destroy the planet? What does that accomplish?
Cell's character is basically a Kung-Fu villain personified. He doesn't want to take over the world, he just wants to prove that he's the toughest nikka breathing and nobody can fukk with him. Basically an inverse Goku:birdman:

He even says to Trunks, "I was created to Kill Goku, but I don't care about all of that anymore. I just want to have fun.:troll:"

As far as decision making goes, the difference between the Cell saga and the Buu saga is that all of the mistakes nikkas made in the Cell saga were expected and in-character. Vegeta being full of himself, Krillin being a simp, Goku being nonchalant and caring about fighting too much, Gohan being soft, etc,

The Buu saga on the other hand, everybody develops brain injuries at the most convenient times. Like Goku outchea throwing earrings with Brock Osweiller accuracy now?:hhh:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Toriyama has admitted in interviews that he never planned anything and made up the story as he went along, not just for the Buu Saga but the whole series. That why the rumors about Toriyama originally planning to end it at a certain point are false...he wasn't doing any planning in the first place, he made it up week-to-week and just made it work.

But yeah, the Buu Saga is definitely where this is most apparent. Shyt just went on and on.:francis:
Yerah shyt's funny because in the intros to the Graphic Novels he'd be like "Yeah i see this going another couple years, probably by volume ___ it'll be over." Then when they'd reach that point he'd be like "Yeah I know I said it'd be over by this point but it clearly ain't ending any time soon :mjlol:"

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yerah shyt's funny because in the intros to the Graphic Novels he'd be like "Yeah i see this going another couple years, probably by volume ___ it'll be over." Then when they'd reach that point he'd be like "Yeah I know I said it'd be over by this point but it clearly ain't ending any time soon :mjlol:"

You can definitely see why "One Piece will run for about five years :ehh: " Oda is considered his successor :mjlol: