Who do you have as the WOAT Dragonball villain?

WOAT Dragonball villain

• Total voters

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Raditz isn’t a trash character, the writers just suck. There’s no reason he shouldn’t have made a reappearance. If we’re picking WOAT, given all events that have happened, I would say Frieza. The gravity and the seriousness of defeating someone who killed off Gokus entire race (for the most part) is immediately undermined as they basically added this nikka as a Z warrior after getting washed 3 times. Like how are you even taken seriously when your death count almost matches Krillin’s? It would have made more sense for literally any other previous villain to become a recurring character than Frieza. Fams story arc is trash, and he’s a living reminder that Goku is a hoe ass nikka.

Terrible opinion. :hhh:

Frieza is literally the most iconic villain in the series. This is like saying Joker is the worst Batman villain.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I’m at the buu vs gotenks fight now in my rewatch. This whole saga starting with the martial arts tournament has so much filler. Even more than the android and cell saga and it’s the worst filler too. It felt like they were making it up as they went along. It didn’t need to be anywhere near this long. They clearly didn’t know how they wanted this saga to end or where they wanted characters to go. Buu as a villain suffers the most here, arguably worse than Gohan even. His motivation and reason for existing are nonexistent.

Toriyama has admitted in interviews that he never planned anything and made up the story as he went along, not just for the Buu Saga but the whole series. That why the rumors about Toriyama originally planning to end it at a certain point are false...he wasn't doing any planning in the first place, he made it up week-to-week and just made it work.

But yeah, the Buu Saga is definitely where this is most apparent. Shyt just went on and on.:francis:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Toriyama has admitted in interviews that he never planned anything and made up the story as he went along, not just for the Buu Saga but the whole series. That why the rumors about Toriyama originally planning to end it at a certain point are false...he wasn't doing any planning in the first place, he made it up week-to-week and just made it work.

But yeah, the Buu Saga is definitely where this is most apparent. Shyt just went on and on.:francis:
From when he first hatched to when kid buu is destroyed takes roughly 60 episodes. That’s the same length of time from when the crew reaches namek to when the planet explodes. Way too long for a villain who has so little depth.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I didn't know so many people hated Buu, he's my favorite villain :skip:

Honestly Buu is pretty terrible. Didn't mind Kid Buu as much as the other ones since he gets right to the point :russ: but he's still just a monster-of-the-week who wants to blow up everything for no reason.

Fat Buu = Annoying fat POS that won't go away even after his arc is over

Super Buu = Inferior Cell ripoff

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Honestly Buu is pretty terrible. Didn't mind Kid Buu as much as the other ones since he gets right to the point :russ: but he's still just a monster-of-the-week who wants to blow up everything for no reason.

Fat Buu = Annoying fat POS that won't go away even after his arc is over

Super Buu = Inferior Cell ripoff
Even cell suffered from the same problem honestly. What’s his motivation for anything? Why design him to not be complete until he eats 17 & 18 instead of just design him to be complete? Why does he want to destroy the planet? What does that accomplish?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Even cell suffered from the same problem honestly. What’s his motivation for anything? Why design him to not be complete until he eats 17 & 18 instead of just design him to be complete? Why does he want to destroy the planet? What does that accomplish?

It's probably just my own bias, but I tend to give Cell a pass since he has DNA from Frieza/Vegeta/King Cold and is prone to acting like them, but you're right his motive is pretty thin. :russ:

Although the real life reason is that Cell was made up midway through the Android Arc, because Toriyama's editor didn't think the Androids were threatening enough to be the main villains.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's probably just my own bias, but I tend to give Cell a pass since he has DNA from Frieza/Vegeta/King Cold and is prone to acting like them, but you're right his motive is pretty thin. :russ:

Although the real life reason is that Cell was made up midway through the Android Arc, because Toriyama's editor didn't think the Androids were threatening enough to be the main villains.
His redeeming quality is how much swagger he had. Man crashed a studio to cut a heel promo on the whole planet :dead:. The whole saga had three huge problems that weighed it down in a manner that the previous two didn’t:
1. The events of the previous saga didn’t lead them into that one. There’s a bunch of down time after getting back from namek and then all of a sudden androids are coming so everyone has to prepare.

2. As mentioned, the antagonists have next to no motivation or goals beyond so bad things for the sake of being bad guys.

3. The plot is consistently driven forward by bad decision making by the protagonists that we all know in real rime is bad decision making.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The whole saga had three huge problems that weighed it down in a manner that the previous two didn’t:

1. The events of the previous saga didn’t lead them into that one. There’s a bunch of down time after getting back from namek and then all of a sudden androids are coming so everyone has to prepare.

One of my biggest gripes looking back.

The evil ruler of the universe had just been defeated by the hero of legend... and NONE of the fallout gets highlighted? :dead:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
garlic jr easily, its bad enough that they tried to bring him back like noone would question how, but he was just lame all around.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
One of my biggest gripes looking back.

The evil ruler of the universe had just been defeated by the hero of legend... and NONE of the fallout gets highlighted? :dead:
The entire universal hierarchy is completed destroyed, the balance of power flipped on it's head. Imagine the civil wars, rebellions, power struggles going on throughout the Galaxy.

More cats probably died in the power vacuum the elimination of Freiza creates than he actually killed :wow: