Who Created the Lie that Men Aren't Emotional and Illogical?

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Men are far less rational under pressure than women. They're far more sensitive and get hurt very easily. You have to be very delicate with men or they'll feel that ether...:to: Even if you didn't mean it. They also need to be comforted and reassured that you love them.:whew: Men are a lot of work.
:mjcry:damn, woman!!
:mjcry:why???

Raava

Staff member
Daps

The accepted treatment was more sex, or "pelvic massages" by a midwife if the woman was unmarried.

:mjlol:

It is just another gender stereotype and I am sure it came from men. I believe some of it stems from men being taught to hide emotions and them being weak vs. women being emotional being acceptable. Just because a man doesn't openly display emotion doesn't automatically make him more logical.

I have run across plenty of emotional men...Some more than I expected because of their demeanor with everyone else. Plus a lot of them don't think they are being emotional if their aren't tears. Dudes see other men do and say dumb things all the time. They talk about it on the board daily some how...the dots never seem to connect for them.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps

It is just another gender stereotype and I am sure it came from men. I believe some of it stems from men being taught to hide emotions and them being weak vs. women being emotional being acceptable. Just because a man doesn't openly display emotion doesn't automatically make him more logical.

I have run across plenty of emotional men...Some more than I expected because of their demeanor with everyone else. Plus a lot of them don't think they are being emotional if their aren't tears. Dudes see other men do and say dumb things all the time. They talk about it on the board daily some how...the dots never seem to connect for them.

"more sex" :dead: you just KNOW a man made that bs up.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Well maybe it's a lie we want to believe as women.

I sure as hell wouldn't want a man who is more emotional/anxious/sensitive than I am.

When I read that gems on women thread I was offended. But to be honest I would love the unshakable tree to anchor to. That said it is a personality thing and there are no blanket judgements, everyone is unique.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Men are far less rational under pressure than women. They're far more sensitive and get hurt very easily. You have to be very delicate with men or they'll feel that ether...:to: Even if you didn't mean it. They also need to be comforted and reassured that you love them.:whew: Men are a lot of work.
Not based on the last 48 hours or americas most wanted:stopitslime:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We're visual creatures so when we don't see visual signs of emotions (Tears, screaming, laughing), we don't register it as being emotional.

But yeah, average dude is very emotional too. Work in sales for a couple of weeks and it's easy to notice.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
We're visual creatures so when we don't see visual signs of emotions (Tears, screaming, laughing), we don't register it as being emotional.

But yeah, average dude is very emotional too. Work in sales for a couple of weeks and it's easy to notice.

Exactly! A lot men think just because they are showing their emotions "like a woman" would they don't have any :heh:

Emotion is human.