Who are the least self aware people in the history of the wrestling industry?

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
This is hardly enough to qualify as the least self aware but boy is this a doozy

During a recent interview with Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp, the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion said that the catchphrase stopped eventually because it was too popular.

“It was too over," he said. "I wasn't a talent. You can't be more over than the talent."

This led to an overall conversation about the importance of communication and said that, as the boss, Tony Khan didn't have to do anything that Henry said, but he wished that Tony would have allowed him to help Tony become a better boss.

"You know what, man? Tony, people are going to say negative things about Tony. Communication is the key. Like, I was able to communicate with Tony. Tony is the boss. So he don't listen, he don't have to do nothing that I say. You know? He's the boss. But I wish that he would allow me to help him be even more the boss because talent will always try to lead you to do it their way, to make it fit them rather than make it fit the company and I just wanted AEW to do well," he said. "I don't disrespect no individual talent. There's no wrestler that would ever say, ‘Mark Henry shyt on me,’ except for maybe Ahmed Johnson and Ryback, but they deserve every bit of venom that I was spit at their ass.

"I might critique things from an educated standpoint, but I don't target people. I don't try to belittle anyone. I want to do just that—a critique is the point to get it fixed," he continued. I want it to get fixed. There's some people that just criticize for clickbait to try to make it seem like, ‘Oh, I was great, and you were the shyts.’ Those people, I don't talk to people like that. There's no wrestler that can say that they're a friend of mine, and they run talent down."

========================

The only way the first part makes sense is that the audience reaction to Mark Henry’s catchphrase might be the only part of Rampage that wasn’t piped in and someone got upset. :heh: The other part about wanting to help TK become a better boss is just par for the course.

The shot at Ahmed Johnson and Ryback :wow:

“There's no wrestler that would ever say, ‘Mark Henry shyt on me,’ except for maybe Ahmed Johnson and Ryback, but they deserve every bit of venom that I was spit at their ass.” :damn:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Mark Henry was pulled from Rampage because the interviews became meaningless; Rampage became just another show with a lack of big matches.

Saying his catchphrase was too popular is an example of feeling yourself too much. Only time people said it was when he did; none of the fans highjacked the show with a chant using it, nor were there signs at every event. Come on, Mark. :dead:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Dave Meltzer Meltzer GIF - Dave Meltzer Meltzer GIFs

:scust:
How much does this guy make a year off his shuffle of lies??

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Mark Henry was pulled from Rampage because the interviews became meaningless; Rampage became just another show with a lack of big matches.

Saying his catchphrase was too popular is an example of feeling yourself too much. Only time people said it was when he did; none of the fans highjacked the show with a chant using it, nor were there signs at every event. Come on, Mark. :dead:
Those interviews were meaningless from the very beginning.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Their whole gimmick now is a troll of what the internet says about them
I also hate when people say Vince wasnt self aware as it pertains to his bad storyline and booking ideas. Vince was very self aware, he just didnt care what anyone else thought because he ran the show.

Tony Khan, and this may be due to his apparent neurodivergency, doesnt understand that feeding the trolls what they want makes him more and more of a caricature and feeds negative media who clickbait anything remotely negative about AEW.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Just cuz they troll don’t make them self aware. They are channel changers
But think about that for a second breh. What is a troll? They actively feed a narrative for agitation, discomfort or confrontation. By doing this based on what the internet says about them, theyd have to be self aware otherwise theyd be delusional. Whether one feels they are channel changers is another point and not really relevant here