White washed films have lost over half a billion in last decade

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
good only seen two movies on that list 3 if i decide to go ghost in the shell or not

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Great to see people are ready to embrace variety in race when it comes to movie roles. I'll never forget when a friend of mine on the industry admitted movies purposely perpetuate stereotypes. However in the internet generation moving forward, trends birth and die so quickly, novelty and fresh ideas and stories will become a necessity.

I'm looking forward to growing to 40+ just too see the old ways die out. What a time we chose to be born.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good only seen two movies on that list 3 if i decide to go ghost in the shell or not

I'm staying all the fukk away from hollywood doing anime adaptations. They straight kilt that shyt for me when the did Dragon Ball Evolution shyt was attrocious.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm calling foul on speed racer. Yeah it's a Japanese property but those characters never looked Japanese to me. Plus again it's such a dope movie

Speed Racer is a little japanese guy lmao, things like eye color are stylized in anime and not meant to be realistic its an art style
also they made speed racer and astro boy after the black white and disney style cartoons, which is why they look that way
but you can tell by their faces and high cheek bones that they are japanese, because white people do not have those facial features
also white skin was always associated with royalty in japan which is why they make all their anime character light, and japanese people even bleach their skin.
They make excuses for the shyt by saying the characters are half japanese, even if the white character like Solid Snake are part japanese in the canon lmao

It's like people who think L from death note looks european when he is cleary japanese, they just see white skin and automatically think white

When in reality he look this

l-death-note-003.jpg

f02f89de0354249ef34d720ea72aa867.jpg

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
White washing has nothing to do with it they where just mediocre movies.:camby:

I think they are related. Its a sign of laziness and a lack of creativity (in addition to racism). Makes the movie look fugazi off top. Same reason why people reject white rappers for the most part...