White washed films have lost over half a billion in last decade

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Crank I do not get. Does it feature a white actor playing a foreigner that I forgot about or something?:patrice:

Tropic Thunder shouldn't even be on that list. The character that RDJ plays in the movie is a white guy. Why is it so difficult for people to understand that simple shyt?:why:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Seems like a lot of studio execs see those same numbers and take the wrong conclusion from it. Instead of "oh wow, audiences don't like whitewashed movies" they think "well it would have done even worse if unknown people of color would have been cast."

Ghost In A Shell flopped but I'm not sure Hollywood will take that as a reason to cast people of color, but more as a reason to no longer make anime films for American audiences.

It's stupid.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Seems like a lot of studio execs see those same numbers and take the wrong conclusion from it. Instead of "oh wow, audiences don't like whitewashed movies" they think "well it would have done even worse if unknown people of color would have been cast."

Ghost In A Shell flopped but I'm not sure Hollywood will take that as a reason to cast people of color, but more as a reason to no longer make anime films for American audiences.

It's stupid.

I think it was drew Goddard who gave the most apt and brilliant analogy for Hollywood execs I've ever heard. He said if there's a year where every hit movie features someone wearing a red ribbon, then the next year execs will make sure every movie features someone wearing a red ribbon