White People Using Ebonics Ironically Unappreciation Thread

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
My white co-worker walked over to me with her fist raised. I smacked it away quickly and she's like "ow why did you do that?"
:childplease:

I asked her why she was trying to punch me and she said "I was trying to give you props"

:what:

:laff:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Y'all should try not being so butthurt and have fun with it. I often retort all that ironic nonsense by saying sh!t that white people used to say in the 1950's. Examples include:

"That's SWELL!"
"Well all righty then!"
"Aww shucks, fellas!"
"Aww fiddlesticks!"
"Howdillydoodily!"
"Is everything all HUNKY-DORY?"
"That's bang-on!"
"Yooooou BETCHA!"

I also say "dude" a lot. White people do not say "dude" like they used to so its quickly picked up on.

Basically, white people now use hood slang on a regular basis. It's not even ironic anymore. Being a black dude that can sound like Mitt Romney however is a VERY striking way of presenting yourself. It's fun as hell, you establish yourself as someone that's "in charge," and you maintain a level of self alienation from your white peers that's essential to Blackness in all contexts. If you really want to have fun shoot them subtle looks of disapproval whenever they casually swear in conversation. Watching them be all uncomfortable in the face of scrutiny is so fun. You have no idea.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
:scusthov: "ironically" I don't think that's the word you use to convey what you are trying to say. Still trying to find the irony.
yeah the examples don't fit
and I'm tempted to think the situations the threadstarter is trying to describe is when they use ebonics sarcastically , like when mimicking 'how a black person would do' in an attempt to be funny to their audience
irony is usually unintended while sarcasm is deliberate

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
My white co-worker walked over to me with her fist raised. I smacked it away quickly and she's like "ow why did you do that?"

I asked her why she was trying to punch me and she said "I was trying to give you props"

:what:

My supervisor did that shyt to me but he started from clear across the other side of the room. :what:
He walked a good 5-7 seconds with his fist out just looking stupid. So I had to fukk with him. Threw my hand out for a regular shake like
White-people-awkward-handshake.gif

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I hate when white dudes I've never met in my life call me "Bro" For some reason that sh!t annoys me and I never respond.

We've been saying bro to each for ever. I'm 90% sure he wasn't being racist or trying to co-opt your slang. He was just using a term of endearment he has always used.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Being a black dude that can sound like Mitt Romney however is a VERY striking way of presenting yourself. It's fun as hell, you establish yourself as someone that's "in charge," and you maintain a level of self alienation from your white peers that's essential to Blackness in all contexts. If you really want to have fun shoot them subtle looks of disapproval whenever they casually swear in conversation. Watching them be all uncomfortable in the face of scrutiny is so fun. You have no idea.
I have no doubt you have a lot of fun doing that but it doesn't bother you the slightest having to resort to mimicking Mitt Romney in order to establish yourself as someone who's ''in charge" ? At best you give the impression of lacking self-confidence hence avoiding being yourself , at worst you're just another ****** trying too hard to fit in and impress Whites

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I have no doubt you have a lot of fun doing that but it doesn't bother you the slightest having to resort to mimicking Mitt Romney in order to establish yourself as someone who's ''in charge" ? At best you give the impression of lacking self-confidence hence avoiding being yourself , at worst you're just another ****** trying too hard to fit in and impress Whites
I dunno man, they could think that, but that's not the impression I've been getting. I mean, in under a year I've been promoted twice and I've recieved a 40% bump in compensation. Mind you, the promotions had more to do with swag than performance. So again, they could be harboring the feelings that you mentioned earlier but I doubt it. Even if that is the case you really think I give a sh!t? I would lose my mind if I gave a sh!t about what every Steve, Mike and Chris thought about me personally. Fretting over that doesn't put money in my pocket so why does it matter?

To be completely honest I intimidate them more than anything. I'm in far better shape, I'm far better dressed, I'm very eloquent in my speech, it's clear that I'm above average in intellect and I'm the top earner in my division. Not only that, but I have a strong reputation for a near fanatical devotion to the job. I'm probably the hardest working person here. Imagine trying to go up against a person that can honestly say that about himself. You would be defeated in spirit before you even started.

I think a lot of black people put a lot of emotion into situations that such feelings aren't beneficial, like the thread starter. So white folks are being a little silly, whats new? Have fun and play ball. Why get all heated over some harmless colloquialisms?

Also, this business about "being yourself" is hogwash. Having an identity so rigid that you can't even adjust your behavior to different situations seems like a huge hindrance for anyone trying to live a fully actualized existence. Instead of "being yourself" I prefer, "be comfortable in your own skin." If I feel comfortable I see no problem.

Ghost of $oCal

sit your dumbazz down
Daps
Reppin
$oKhalifas/Money Gang
some little nerdy ass white chick at work the other day was all like, "THATS HOW I ROLL!!!"... and looked at me like i was supposed to give her approval or some shyt...:shaq2:.

"Holla back" is annoying as fukk

or the dreaded and highly outdated, "what's crack-a-lackin!?!?"...:deadrose:

anybody that calls you "dawg"... :deadrose:

a deadly combination of the 2: "what's crack-a-lackin dawwwwg?!?!"...:deadrose::deadrose::deadrose: