Whispers in the Shadows: Doc Rivers' Unyielding Pursuit of Basketball's Elusive Accountability 🏀 Milwaukee Bucks vs Indiana Pacers

Who you got?

• Bucks in 4

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Bucks in 5

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Bucks in 6

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Bucks in 7

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Pacers in 4

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Pacers in 5

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Pacers in 6

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Pacers in 7

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I mean yea I guess but I feel that disregards how difficult it is to actually make it to the finals and win it all.
Getting the finals would still be a success even if they didn't win it.

For all the regular season success they've had in the East and the entire league, they only have one Finals appearance. That's not even factoring in what happened last season, which is definitely viewed as a failure and stain on their run.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once you get a championship, the run is successful.

How many good to great teams never won a chip (Nash Suns, Harden Rockets, 90s Knicks, Dwight's Magic, etc)

Not many teams repeat or win multiple chips in a small timeframe...that's reserved for all time great teams (MJ's Bulls, Bird's Celtics, Russell's Celtics, Spurs, etc)

The Bucks aren't an all time legendary team...they're very good and capped off their run with the title in 2021. You gotta put this in the context of an entire sport's history. Bucks since Giannis' rise have been successful.

Giannis's era has been by far the most successful period in Bucks history since Kareem left and there's probably at least 20 other teams that would gladly swap their last 6-8 years for Milwaukee's.

But also it's been underwhelming to a certain degree as well. They've won the most regular seasons of any team over the last 7 years and have made it past the 2nd round twice over that span :ld: And for all the shyt we give Embiid about being injury prone, Giannis has missed the same amount of playoff games in his career as Embiid has

That's why I said they're very lucky that things lined up for them to get that chip in 2021. Because a lot of criticism that can be levied towards them can now be easily avoided or downplayed because having that banner is the ultimate trump card :manny:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

doc.png