Whip totaled. Need ideas on a new car

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And another thing, late models are outta the question.

I said the most affordable car that you wouldn't be ashamed to pick up a date.

Thanks to the breh that said Accord but didn't mention year
Acura TSX. The generation from 04-08. It's affordable, its luxury, and its reliable because it's basically an Accord. You can find an 06 with like 72k miles on it for like 8 grand. Pay an independent mechanic $100-150 to do a pre purchase inspection for you whenever you buy used. Honda/Acura are known for their :flabbynsick: transmissions, especially during that generation of Accords/TL/TSX, but that's pretty much the only knock on them. I think it'll be perfect for you situation.

Heres the perfect example of what I'm talking about in my area Used Acura TSX For Sale - CarGurus

Circle p

All Star
Daps
:childplease:How about you learn to drive better before you get a nice car.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
nikka hasn't even posted a budget amount the entire thread and expects us to recommend him a car smh

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
What if my credit isn't the best? What Apr should I be looking for?

I need my payments to be as low as possible.

Obviously I wanna put down as much as possible

How bad is your credit?

It would be best if you can get a loan through a credit union, because they will have a better APR than the dealer. Also, a good APR for a used car is around 3 to 5 percent, but it depends on how bad your credit is.

If you get approved through the credit union, you can use that as a negotiation chip, to have the dealer try to beat the credit unions APR offer. If the cresit union gives you 4.89%, the dealer will probably offer you 3.25%. It's a win win situation.

Also, do not talk about you how you want a low monthly payment, that's a car negotiation trick. Also, do not mention your down payment, nor the fact that you have been approved through your credit union. First talk about the car price first. If the car your looking at is 30k, try to get it for 20-25, before taxes.

The best way to lower your payment is to lower the price of the car.

Best Used Cars for $25,000 and Less

10 Best Used Family Cars Under $15,000 - Kelley Blue Book