Which was worse…. WCW &WWF in 1995 or WCW in 2000?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
WWF fans stay tryna drag 95 WCW down with the WWF's unwatchable product that year. Googling a video of the Yetti who was barely in WCW fir a hot second doesn't account for an entire year.

As someone who actually watched 95 WCW, it was solid & entertaining at the very least. And as someone who watched in real-time; I definitely loved it - especially as a kid who started off with early 90s wrestling. We got a ton of mashup dream matches and the ppvs were mad fun.

Then before WCW lost their identity, they doubled-down on traditional WCW when nitro debuted in September, ramping the in-ring product back up with new signings and getting back to having more high-quality matches.

As for the other two: the WWF wasn't bad in the 4th quarter of 1995. I don't think WCW 2000 had a good spurt where the overall product was intriguing for a few months str8 like that but it had higher highs than 95 WWF tho. And with this being a so-called hip-hop site; I don't see how you can choose 95 WWF over the booker t runs, elix Skipper as U.S. champ and the greatness of the cat earnest miller.

So yea, WWF 95 is the worst of the list.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
WCW 00' is pretty bad. Outside of 3 count vs the Yung Dragons matches there is nothing redeemable. I was a lil kid in 95' so the dumb shyt was more acceptable than it was 5 years later. With that being said WCW 00' is the worst mainstream rasslin product of all time. Horrendous 4th wall breaking garbage television.

Nah.

The worst mainstream wrestling product is the WWE in the early 2010s.

TNA in that era wouldve been just as bad if it wasnt for the great in-ring workers they still had.

Same energy. :francis:

Yea but the omega/moxley match itself was excellent.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
big show stay getting his ass kicked lmao did he ever beat anyone?

dude needed jimmy hart and a mummy to save him from 50 yr old hogan :dead:

• Haha
Reactions: 907

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah.

The worst mainstream wrestling product is the WWE in the early 2010s.

TNA in that era wouldve been just as bad if it wasnt for the great in-ring workers they still had.

Yea but the omega/moxley match itself was excellent.
PG Era WWE didn't make you feel dumb for watching it. Russo having people discuss scripts on TV, vacating the title 27 times, and booking himself as champ in one year is peak wrestlecrap. PG Era was for kids. Russo Era was for idiots.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yes it did. Hornswaggle? Old ass D-X humor? Shoving Vince head up Show's ass? The guest GMs every week like the NASCAR people or Jeremy Piven?

It was all complete trash
It was PG trash for kids. WCW was telling you it was fake every other segment. It's a difference. You don't break the 4th wall like that in wrestling. It defeats the purpose of the show. This isn't Larry Sanders or a Deadpool comic. I didn't say PG era was good.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It was PG trash for kids. WCW was telling you it was fake every other segment. It's a difference. You don't break the 4th wall like that in wrestling. It defeats the purpose of the show. This isn't Larry Sanders or a Deadpool comic. I didn't say PG era was good.

I'm not saying the PG Era was worse than WCW 2000 breh lol. I'm saying it was complete trash. If WCW 2000 was a 1/10 then I'd give some of those PG Era years like a 2 or 3/10. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
WCW 2000 is the worst shyt probably in my lifetime because it led to me turning away from the program.

I can watch WWE or AEW in 2023 and I might not enjoy all of it, I might even think some of the shows are bad but they ain't on the level where I'm just gonna stop watching completely.

WCW 2000 made me tune out. WWE during some of those PG years I stopped watching. TNA at different points I stopped watching. If you make me stop watching, you are TRASH.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

That’s what aew does every week :mjgrin: