Which Studio/Publisher can Sony buy to counter the Bethesda purchase?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
None but for the thread sake...Capcom, we're due a real Sony mascot fighter in the vein of Power Stone.

The less studios owned by hardware makers the better. Look at what happened to Rare and Microsoft.

I want publishers/developers to build the way THEY want to. If you think Bethesda is about to make the same games they were making before, you're mistaken. Its sad in my opinion.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Microsoft Market Cap - $243 Billion, with a net worth of $1 trillion

Sony market cap - $8.4 Billion, with a net worth of $72 billion

This is like the New York Yankees (highest valued team) vs Florida Marlins (least valued team) in the 03’ World Series

guess which one won :mjgrin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The less studios owned by hardware makers the better. Look at what happened to Rare and Microsoft.

I want publishers/developers to build the way THEY want to. If you think Bethesda is about to make the same games they were making before, you're mistaken. Its sad in my opinion.
What happened to Rare is that they were saved from dying and have now made a bunch of successful games with a very exciting future.

Hopefully the Bethesda deal can be just as successful.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What happened to Rare is that they were saved from dying and have now made a bunch of successful games with a very exciting future.

Hopefully the Bethesda deal can be just as successful.

What bunch of Sucessful games?

Killer Instinct and Sea of Thievs? Good games....but I wouldn't call either one wildly successful. Most def not to the standard they had at the turn of the century.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What bunch of Sucessful games?

Killer Instinct and Sea of Thievs? Good games....but I wouldn't call either one wildly successful. Most def not to the standard they had at the turn of the century.
At the turn of the century they were in danger of being closed. Right now they are larger than they have ever been and still hiring.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
At the turn of the century they were in danger of being closed. Right now they are larger than they have ever been and still hiring.

I'm not knocking the fact that MS saved them...that's a good thing. I'm just saying what they've put out is not the golden standard of game they have the pedigree of making.

A lot of that has to do with both staffing and having new masters.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not knocking the fact that MS saved them...that's a good thing. I'm just saying what they've put out is not the golden standard of game they have the pedigree of making.

A lot of that has to do with both staffing and having new masters.
They’ve always been all over the place.

They may not be the games fans of the N64 era would want, but almost every-time they drop its industry leading stuff.

Kinect gets hate but Rare put that on the map and made it still the most successful video game peripheral ever.

Sea of thieves is unique and has legs in a way very few games do. It originally released 2 years ago and still spent multiple weeks this year at number one in sales on steam.

It’s a misconception that it’s Microsoft’s management driving them to make these games. They’ve explained many times that they want to shoot for new, unique, genre defining stuff, not remake old stuff.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They’ve always been all over the place.

They may not be the games fans of the N64 era would want, but almost every-time they drop its industry leading stuff.

Kinect gets hate but Rare put that on the map and made it still the most successful video game peripheral ever.

Sea of thieves is unique and has legs in a way very few games do. It originally released 2 years ago and still spent multiple weeks this year at number one in sales on steam.

It’s a misconception that it’s Microsoft’s management driving them to make these games. They’ve explained many times that they want to shoot for new, unique, genre defining stuff, not remake old stuff.

fukking WHAT? :russ:

The Kinect only moved units because it was bundled with the system. And way to conveniently forget about the memory card, 360's hard drive, the rumble pack, the guitar hero/rock band add-ons, the little light for your Game Boy.

While its a technical marvel, that don't mean it was a "success". Don't just pull statements out of your ass bro.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Bethesda doesn't matter enough to counter.

When that metal gear news drops bet u back on their dikk

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
when you have created 1st party talent, you dont need acquisitions the way some others do :mjpls:

but from software would be a great choice :whoo: