Which Sony Exclusive This Gen Had The Best COMBAT?

which PS exclusive this gen had the best combat system?

• God of War

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Horizon Zero Dawn

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Last of Us Part 2

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
anyone else notice the combat systems in PS exclusives this gen are all fire? :wow:

the most underrated in the poll will undoubtedly be TLOU part 2. one of the most brutal & visceral combat systems ever. certainly the best combat system i've ever played in a survival/horror game :blessed:

Daps
I loved GoT because of the stealth. You CAN fight face-to-face, which is fun against the Ronin...but all the different ways you can take down enemies (hallucination darts, kunai, katana, smoke bombs...whatever) is pretty awesome. Definitely gotta parry, dodge/roll and time your strikes just right, especially early on when Jin hasn't unlocked many skills.

The chain assassinations feel like cheating when you're robbing Mongol parties on the road but can be very useful when you go to large camps swarming with soldiers.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Voted HZD. Loved it to the point I tried to master all weapons and was stunting on machines in crazy ways. Main reason I tackled ultra hard. :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The last of us had very realistic stealth. It should be the standard for the future.

ghost was very good sword play, especially with the stances but it became too easy to quickly and the stealth was half assed/broken

ff7 was kind of annoying imo, it looked nice and flashy but your party members being useless and not being able to fill their limit meter themselves killed it. Also the air combat was trash

spider-man is very good and solid beat em up combat, somewhere in the middle of playing miles it got stale though. Hopefully they change it up significantly in the sequel.

horizon had great combat, loved fighting the dinos. The human fights were 100% trash, no dodge, block, parry system at all. I really wish they didn't even bother putting in human enemies

My choice would hve to be God of War overall. So many combinations of attacks, felt fluid and heavy, and each weapon changed the movesets and feel drastically.

bloodborne is also top tier and would be tied for me with god of war even though im more of a souls fan

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God of War

surprised GOT is winning, it was good but GOW’s combat had way more variety and was more fun

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All of em.

They're way better than the combat in Xbox games and @The Mad Titan cannot tell me otherwise.

TLOU 2, FFVII Remake, God of War, Spider-Man and Bloodborne had very satisfying combat.

Only Horizon was a bit
tenor.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since I'm a secret Sony Stan, I can list this accurately

GOW
GOT
Final fantasy remake
Spiderman
TLOU2
Horizon

Didn't play

*Bloodborne

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
God of war. They managed to reinvent the combat while still keeping their hack n slash core. Spiderman was cool but nothing revolutionary just a more fluid version of arkham. Ghost is so overrated combat wise. I still stand by it’s no more sophisticated than AC outside besides better animations. TLOU was just a tweak to an already solid system. Horizon was ass