Which painting is better?

• Total voters

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:shaq2:

Man I picked the 2nd one thinking the op knew we would think he would want us to pick the second one therefore because we thought he would think we were going to pick the 2nd we were going to pick the 1st to fukk up his whole premise, therefore I picked the second b/c he wanted us to pick the 1st.

But I agree with msims, the two art different artforms with different messages, apples to oranges.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
So, I'm guessing the OP's goal was to make people pick the second picture (because of its less abstract nature), and THEN, after enough people have chosen it, surprise us with it's origins.

:ld:

Well, I'll spoil it for everyone.

Adolf Hitler painted the second piece.
26721d1267334230-gif-thread-269-crazy-black-kid-surprise-birthday.gif

Hitler?
:ohhh:

That nikka had a mean brush game. I can't hate. :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: Tom

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
The style of his landscapes look just as good as the stuff from Degas, Monet and Manet bro. Its called impressionism bro.

nikkas will never give Hitler his due tho

:merchant:

:pachaha:

You can call it whatever subcategory you can find. You could even call it modern art. Impressionism was just a way of saying "I paint things in one sitting...while you REALIST have to wait for your canvas to dry 50 times before you can finish your full painting!! I do a little bit of detail, and my audience still understands what I paint. You have to paint EVER SINGLE DETAIL! Life sucks for youuuu! I'm a lazy-mans painter! :heh:"

The fact still remains. There are two major categories of art; abstract and realism. On canvas, Hitler dealt in the realm of realism. He painted REAL things; no abstractions.

And again, no one is discrediting Hitler. I'm sure everyone in here agrees that he was a brilliant artist. The original piece ,by Hitler, that you posted, however, does not compare to the Basquiat painting (opinions, of course).

If you had have posted one of the other paintings by Hitler, the votes might have went the other way. Who knows. :yeshrug:

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Basquait is.... well... Basquait, you either hate it or love it. I kinda hate it, but when compared to that God awful boring Hitler joint, I like it.

Hitler's painting is boring as fukk.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Impressionism isn't a major category in art now?

Monet wasn't "real" painter now? u sound ignorant bro

This is neither abstract or photo realism. Impressionism is not a "sub" category. It stands on its own like the other two genres
Monet---PD.2-1953_MED.jpg

:snoop:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The other pics of paintings and drawings done by Hitler look much better than what was in the original post. Son had skills.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
Basquait was GARBAGE and is only popular because he let Andy Warhol do him up the butt

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about Basquaits talent. I'm an artist, and I get annoyed by looking at abstract art. I feel like it doesn't take skill, at all. BUT, there is a point to it. Understanding that point helps you understand the purpose of art, itself.

The job of an artist is to display on a medium, a message. The message could range from what they see (realist) to what they feel (abstract artist). Understanding what an artist feels can be rewarding, if you care for the history of certain pieces.

For instance:

PicassoWomanWithBook_web.jpg

This looks like TRASHHHHHH.

But it's Picasso's view of his late girlfriend Marie-Thérèse Walter. The clash of colors and the cracks of deep black lines describing the unsophisticated forms of both her classy interior and her young sexuality contrast with the subtle mystery of her gaze. The emotions emitted from this piece can be overwhelming if you think, even the slightest bit, too hard. Just imagine, Picasso probably tapped that ass after / before / in between painting this piece.

:lolbron:

Abstract art is weird. You are forced to acknowledge its existence, but no one is forcing you to like it, breh. :yeshrug:

One day, in the future, people will probably (over)analyze Basquiat's art just like that. It's how the art world works.

:ld:

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
Impressionism isn't a major category in art now?

You can call it a major category if you'd like, but when comparing an abstract piece to a painting painted from real life, it will be labeled Abstract VS Realism. Regardless if the "realism" is considered Impressionism or not.

I
Monet wasn't "real" painter now? u sound ignorant bro

I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth, breh.

This is neither abstract or photo realism.

Was this painted as an abstract, or was it painted from real life?

I'll answer for you; it was painted from real life. Regardless if it was painted with less detail than the actual photo/view, it was still painted from REAL LIFE. Thus making it realism. Art can be placed and categorized in many folders, but when it boils down to it, it's one or the other. Real or Abstract.

b*stard. :laff: