Which painting is better?

Which painting is better?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, I'm guessing the OP's goal was to make people pick the second picture (because of its less abstract nature), and THEN, after enough people have chosen it, surprise us with it's origins.

:ld:

Well, I'll spoil it for everyone.

Adolf Hitler painted the second piece.
26721d1267334230-gif-thread-269-crazy-black-kid-surprise-birthday.gif

What was the point though? Even if you think the 2nd one's better (which I don't), the artist being a scumbag doesn't affect their ability to paint.

• Dap
Reactions: Tom

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Depends on where you trying to put it. First one could rock out in the office or man cave. First one is waiting room status.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
nikkas don't want to admit that Hitler was a better artist than Basquait

:beli:

Better? Comparing abstract to realism is never a good thing to do. Well, it's not good if you're asking your viewers to choose one artist's talent over the other. It's all how you perceive art.

But if you'd like to go into the different styles:

The goal of abstract art is to arrange shapes and colors in a way that is aesthetically pleasing, to the human eye. This isn't something artist usually calculate; it's usually something they feel out. There really aren't any rules. You throw something on the canvas, and name it something. Goal complete.

The goal of realism art is all about form, angles, proportions, etc. being correct; as realistic as possible.

Hitler failed his goal at creating the most realistic piece. Angles and proportions are skewed throughout his painting, while J-M. Basquiat completed his goal. Even though it was a simpler task, Basquiat piece looks the part. Hitler's does not.

Thus, to me, Basquiat's painting is superior.

:yeshrug:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Hitler is doing what van gogh did breh, he had his own lane. It wasn't realism nor abstract. It was impressionism. (Like Monet, Degas, Gauguin, Casset, Manet etc)

but nikkas will never give him his props because of the holocaust. Damn shame.

Instead they rather give praise to some dude who does 1st grade scribble scrabbles

The boy Adolf had skills bro

hitler-art-art_1602650c.jpg

hitler-art.jpg

adolf%20hitler%20art%20painting%20woman%20and%20vase%20410.jpg

0209222055085.jpg

rottdam.jpg

woman4.jpg

hitler-painting-3.jpg

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast

Better? Comparing abstract to realism is never a good thing to do. Well, it's not good if you're asking your viewers to choose one artist's talent over the other. It's all how you perceive art.

But if you'd like to go into the different styles:

The goal of abstract art is to arrange shapes and colors in a way that is aesthetically pleasing, to the human eye. This isn't something artist usually calculate; it's usually something they feel out. There really aren't any rules. You throw something on the canvas, and name it something. Goal complete.

The goal of realism art is all about form, angles, proportions, etc. being correct; as realistic as possible.

Hitler failed his goal at creating the most realistic piece. Angles and proportions are skewed throughout his painting, while J-M. Basquiat completed his goal. Even though it was a simpler task, Basquiat piece looks the part. Hitler's does not.

Thus, to me, Basquiat painting is superior.

:yeshrug:

:ohlawd: my nikka sims droppin that fire on him

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
Hitler is doing what van gogh did breh, he had his own lane. It wasn't realism nor abstract. It was just his own style.

but nikkas will never give him his props because of the holocaust. Damn shame.

Instead they rather give praise to some dude who does 1st grade scribble scrabbles

Nope. Most, if not ALL, of Hitler's artworks were realism /landscapes painting. He never took to Abstract art. Never was the type to look outside the box, I guess.

:pachaha:

And no one is discrediting Hitler as an artist. We are all (or most of us) are just saying that we prefer the first piece over the second. Also, you might have chosen the wrong Hitler painting to compete against Basquiat's piece.

Maybe one of these may have been a better choice:

pic.jpg

normal-hitler-art-4.jpg

article-1164780-041667F2000005DC-0_634x421.jpg

art.hitler.jpg

Then again, most of the people on this forum aren't critiquing the paintings like artist. They could care less about the forms, shapes, or proportions of each piece. They are picking the one that would look better in their [insert room in a building].

:manny:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....

Nope. Most, if not ALL, of Hitler's artworks were realism /landscapes painting. He never took to Abstract art. Never was the type to look outside the box, I guess.

:pachaha:

And no one is discrediting Hitler as an artist. We are all (or most of us) are just saying that we prefer the first piece over the second. Also, you might have chosen the wrong Hitler painting to compete against Basquiat's piece.

Maybe one of these may have been a better choice:

pic.jpg

normal-hitler-art-4.jpg

article-1164780-041667F2000005DC-0_634x421.jpg

art.hitler.jpg

Then again, most of the people on this forum aren't critiquing the paintings like artist. They could care less about the forms, shapes, or proportions of each piece. They are picking the one that would look better in their [insert room in a building].

:manny:

The style of his landscapes look just as good as the stuff from Degas, Monet and Manet bro. Its called impressionism bro.

nikkas will never give Hitler his due tho

:merchant: