Which Oldschool JRPG Would Benefit Most From A Remake?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Actraiser", "Soul Blazer", or "Shadow Run".

Fred.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get an animation team to work now, and we might be able to get the Chrono Trigger remake we deserve by the end of the generation. But only if they throw in another way to get the clone. That shyt was ridiculous back in the day.

I would love it for Super Mario RPG.

It's such a shame that Square and Nintendo refuse to play nice long enough at least even put out a remaster, let alone a remake.

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Man how I forget legend of dragoon.

It's low-key my pick for sleeper surprise at the PlayStation showcase Wednesday.
Unfortunately, LoD came out between too many heavy hitters: 2 Final Fantasy games, Chrono Cross, Skies of Arcadia and just too many other big games during that time.

Hope they do something with it because it had lots of great elements

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Phantasy Star II and Phantasy Star IV.

Those laser cannons hitting for big damage, boomerangs flying, laser claws, etc. would be incredible with today's sound design and visuals honestly. Potential to be very flashy titles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Get an animation team to work now, and we might be able to get the Chrono Trigger remake we deserve by the end of the generation. But only if they throw in another way to get the clone. That shyt was ridiculous back in the day.

It's such a shame that Square and Nintendo refuse to play nice long enough at least even put out a remaster, let alone a remake.

Idk if its about square and nintendo ‘playing nice’ they have a pretty strong relationship. They get the most exclusive games from SE as of now and even had them go back to the 90’s and revive Live A Live.

It’s probably just Nintendo who doesn’t want to bring back the original Mario RPG and those licensed SE characters in favor of paper mario series where they 100% own it. They do the same thing with golden sun, earthbound, and a bunch of other games.

a Mario RPG in the style of Links Awakening would have me running outside in sweatpants and no shoes.

vlcsnap_00030.0.png

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Chrono Chross with today's graphics and a modern combat system :wow:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Idk if its about square and nintendo ‘playing nice’ they have a pretty strong relationship. They get the most exclusive games from SE as of now and even had them go back to the 90’s and revive Live A Live.

It’s probably just Nintendo who doesn’t want to bring back the original Mario RPG and those licensed SE characters in favor of paper mario series where they 100% own it. They do the same thing with golden sun, earthbound, and a bunch of other games.

a Mario RPG in the style of Links Awakening would have me running outside in sweatpants and no shoes.

vlcsnap_00030.0.png
i would love a super mario rpg that looked like this. hell i would love if ages and seasons got remakes in this style