Which Oldschool JRPG Would Benefit Most From A Remake?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Skies of arcadia
Phantasy star 1-4 (especially 4)
Xenogears
Breath of fire 1-4 (especially 3 & 4)
vagrant story (would probably be a smash hit nowadays if the remade it right)
Final fantasy 6
Beyond Oasis
Shining force 1 and 2 and then release the one that never made it to the states.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
wild arms :wow:
They did with the Alter Code Code F on PS2.

It wasnt bad at all but I definitely prefer the original.

For Xenogears to have a remake, it would have to have an actual proper make first. I dont think anyone involved in the original or anyone new would want to deal with the baggage that games comes with. I love it but if we're being honest, it's a clusterfukk.

I would be halfway interested in Phantasy Star 4 but the early 90s anime styled panels that made it so unique would probably just be completely abandoned.

Also, it's a shame that Korean remake of Shining Force didn't work out. Looked great.

But really as far as the 16 bit classics go, just do pixel remakes/remasters. The stories and gameplay were designed to communicate those worlds through pixels and obviously it worked.

Much more open to overhauling the polygon 32 bit stuff.

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
Yeah great pick. An Earthbound reboot would sell gangbusters, I'm sure. the Smash effect is real.

a Golden Sun reboot would be great too
. When the fukk are we getting another Final Fantasy Tactics title?

I would love a Golden Sun reboot. The problem was IIRC Golden Sun didn't sell well in Japan, but did pretty well in the West. Still a huge missed opportunity.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Chrono Trigger for sure, but how would they not fukk up the style? :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Chrono Trigger for sure, but how would they not fukk up the style? :patrice:

Its impossible, look at every dragonball game outside of Fighterz, they look like ass. The other alternative is what DQXI looks like, which doesn’t fit chrono trigger at all.

I think DQXII might be what a proper chrono trigger can look like since its moving away from the more all-ages look of DQ

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Its impossible, look at every dragonball game outside of Fighterz, they look like ass. The other alternative is what DQXI looks like, which doesn’t fit chrono trigger at all.

I think DQXII might be what a proper chrono trigger can look like since its moving away from the more all-ages look of DQ
Get Arc System WORKS on the phone, GOATsys are the only ones that can make it work perfectly. :wow:

The people who made Kakarot might work tho, as long as someone else does the facial animations :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Get Arc System WORKS on the phone, GOATsys are the only ones that can make it work perfectly. :wow:

The people who made Kakarot might work tho, as long as someone else does the facial animations :mjlol:

One of the games i thought looked like ass lol

They need to make a dragonball game that looks like Broli super movie, Right now Arcsys is the only dev who can do it but idk how they would do an action game

dragon-ball-super-goku.gif

Last edited: