Which Oldschool JRPG Would Benefit Most From A Remake?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
obvious answer is chrono trigger but I don't see it being able to retain its charm with modern graphics

it would probably look like dragon quest xi which doesn't look bad but I don't want chrono trigger lookin like that :hhh:
Yep. Chrono trigger with modern FFVII graphics will be just :scust:

I think I’ll just stick with the old style and cherish the memories

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I don't know about old school, but Valkyria Chronicles deserves a whole ass reboot.

Man Sega mismanaged that series so hard. Moving from PS3 -> PSP is such a bad decision :snoop:

Only played 1 which I thought was great. Looking into 2 and 3. 2 was supposedly anime af and the tone was nothing like the 1st game. 3rd seemed to be great, but no English translation cause Sega thought oh the west don't care about it. No the west wants more of 1 which is about war then what seems to be the case for 2, which is bad anime high school drama.

By the time 4 came out on consoles the damage was already done.

So many piff strategy games out now, this series would fit in very well but Sega prob would fukk it up again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Man Sega mismanaged that series so hard. Moving from PS3 -> PSP is such a bad decision :snoop:

Only played 1 which I thought was great. Looking into 2 and 3. 2 was supposedly anime af and the tone was nothing like the 1st game. 3rd seemed to be great, but no English translation cause Sega thought oh the west don't care about it. No the west wants more of 1 which is about war then what seems to be the case for 2, which is bad anime high school drama.

By the time 4 came out on consoles the damage was already done.

So many piff strategy games out now, this series would fit in very well but Sega prob would fukk it up again.

I played the demo of 4 and was surprised by how little they actually updated it. Even the tediousness of the menu’s inbetween combat was left untouched. Felt exactly like the first game, which was disappointing and i enjoyed hte first game a lot