Which Mafia Family is In Charge of the Textbook Racket?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
amazon.com breh I usually get my books for like $5 books.

the year might be 3-4 years off, but they still talking about the same sh*t.....

Unless it's a math class, then you're f*cked.....

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Total scam, I was taking classes a few years ago, Community College, I spent like 500-550 on books, each semester it was like triple the tuition. It's pretty shameful, because people struggle to just pay for classes, balance work with school, or a bad home situation, I mean people are striving for education, to better themselves, with the options available, and to just tax out the books like that? Forcing people to get student loans....I mean, I am lucky, I could just pay for them, but a lot of people can't, it's hardly even feasible to come up with that kind of cash.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The crazy thing is I've never really used my textbooks or really read through them. The professor usually provides more than enough info to get an A in the course....

At most, i'd have to rent a book from the library to do a report, but in reality I'd just watch a documentary while playing 2k and call it a day, referencing what I saw.....

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukkin disgusting

theres really no defending this at all. what the fukk do they have to put in every year that justifies an entire new edition? this college shyt is gettin outa control

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It has to be like a defense contract thing right, it's not the school directly, selling the textbooks, they have an exclusive contract, which they probably received incentives to agree to, with the companies that produce, write, and market the textbooks, who knows, it kind of beyond my level of understanding, but it's definitely something that I think is wrong, and unjust. A bunch of ranking school officials for a particular district were just indicted for a bunch of similar stuff recently, public schools, selling the building contracts, and receiving kickbacks to work with certain builders. I really feel strongly about the people that use their position of influence, to line their pockets, by taking opportunities and resources away from children.