• Kleenex Emo Era (2007-Present)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
yeah, but which one(s) are you addicted to? You can't tell me you're in love with all those projects at the same time. And they just came out. Love for an album is only something that can be appreciated over time.

I'll use myself as an example: It's no secret that I'm a Live.Love.ASAP fan. I've probably heard a track or tracks off that album every day since it came out. That was almost 4 years ago.

I've been bumping a song or two off Supreme Clientele almost every day since 2005 when I first heard it. I don't think there's been more than a 2 week span of me never hearing a Ghost joint. In fact, every time I'm driving, I'm usually bumping Supreme Clientele. If I'm not listening to that, it's joints off Live.Love.ASAP, Illmatic, Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx, Infamous and Midnight Marauders.

Replay value is everything to me. Eras are defined by the creme de la creme. Not just the fact that many projects were released.

When the smoke clears, what will your era be remembered for?

Sometimes I feel like you new school dudes just listen to a ton of shyt but nothing really sticks with you. It's 'classic' if it remains on your phone, even if you never check for the song like that.

I'm not saying you're like that. I'm speaking in generalities. I could be wrong.

Instead of listing everyone who has a deal right now, can you list the few albums that are really the shining beacon of quality for you?

aw i didnt you meant it that way, you said speak to my soul "right now", so i just went through albums that came out the past 8 months that I really liked. lol to be honest, if it doesnt speak to my soul in some way, i wont listen to it, and I'm constantly listening to music so i listed alot of shyt, but def not all the shyt the good shyt that has come out recently.

As far as what this generation will be remembered for, mine hands down faves would have to be My Dark Beautiful Twisted Fantasy, R.A.P Music, Graduation, Kendrick Lamar's discography, Tha Carter 3, Pinata, Kush and OJ, Acid Rap, Tetsuo & Youth, Yeezus, Cadillactica, Pilot Talk 1 2 and 3 are def my favorites.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:blessed: da greatest era of all time :blessed:

BUT i would NOT categorizes it as hardcore era
when u have all time classic that was NOT hardcore albums

• midnite marauders -tribe
  • the score -fugees
  • aquemini -kast
  • ressurrection -common
  • black star -mis & kweli
  • miseducation -l boogie
  • main ingredient -pete rock & CL
  • illedelph halflife -roots

in my office at work: as im typing this shyt :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

i wanna go back !!!!
solid list :mjcry: mane 91-98 was the goat era for rap. When it hit 2000 it just wasnt the same :wow:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
solid list :mjcry: mane 91-98 was the goat era for rap. When it hit 2000 it just wasnt the same :wow:

"Dear Delores Tucker. Keep stressin me, fukkin wit a muthafukka mind. You wanna know why we call them hoes bytches? It's strictly business baby.... strictly business"

:mjcry:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
87 - 96 will always be the best and most creative 10 years of Hip Hop/Rap music.
This. 1000%. 95 was the last pure year. 96 was mostly pure. 97 the Jiggy era came. :mjcry:
98 X tried to bring it back, but Hov abandoned the NY sound and Ruff Ryder's Anthem signaled the end of the greatest production style ever in the mainstream. :mjcry:

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Early 2000's (2000-2004) are my favorite years, that was my childhood. Three 6 was huge in Memphis plus 8Ball & MJG, Early Yo Gotti (Self Explanatory, Life), DJ Squeeky, Criminal Manne, Playa Fly, Gangsta Blac ect. our whole music scene was on and at its best. DJ Boogaloo on the mix on K97 and I remember the radio a lot more uncensored back then. I used to bump a lot of New York rap back then and that was the last era NY rap was worth listening to outside of Dipset and Max B

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Personally i love early 2000's street rap. Hardcore HipHop era is second and the music edges early 2000's out