• Early 2000s Street Rap (1999-2006)

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Kleenex Emo Era (2007-Present)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Alot of Hip Hop eras are PIFF to me. But to me hands down it's the 1993-1998 era :banderas:

An era of pure honesty. An era of blending hardcore street themes and hard drums, mixed with progressive eclectic instrumentals. Plus lyricism was at it's peak IMO

Illmatic
Ready to Die
Doggystyle
Safe + Sound
All Eyez on Me
Ironman
Enter the 36 Chambers
The Infamous
Capital Punishment
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Reasonable Doubt
In My Lifetime Vol 1
Life After Death
Atliens
Aquemini
Resurrection
Ridin Dirty
The Diary

Hands down it's this era. Just unbelievable. There's too many Classics to name:damn:

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Alot of Hip Hop eras are PIFF to me. But to me hands down it's the 1993-1998 era :banderas:

An era of pure honesty. An era of blending hardcore street themes and hard drums, mixed with progressive eclectic instrumentals. Plus lyricism was at it's peak IMO

Illmatic
Ready to Die
Doggystyle
Safe + Sound
All Eyez on Me
Ironman
Enter the 36 Chambers
The Infamous
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Reasonable Doubt
In My Lifetime Vol 1
Life After Death
Atliens
Aquemini
Resurrection
Ridin Dirty
The Diary

Hands down it's this era. Just unbelievable. There's too many Classics to name:damn:

:blessed: da greatest era of all time :blessed:

BUT i would NOT categorizes it as hardcore era
when u have all time classic that was NOT hardcore albums

• midnite marauders -tribe
  • the score -fugees
  • aquemini -kast
  • ressurrection -common
  • black star -mis & kweli
  • miseducation -l boogie
  • main ingredient -pete rock & CL
  • illedelph halflife -roots

in my office at work: as im typing this shyt :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

i wanna go back !!!!

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
The worst era by far is the Kleenex Emo era. The fact that we've accepted this bullshyt as popular music shows that most will accept anything as long as it's force-fed down their throats.

Generation Kanye West. The type that find traditional rap too threatening but love disposable fluffy ratchet pop.

I wouldn't say it was an era of pure honesty (I think the 80s were far more honest), but I cosign the bolded to the fullest.

One thing that vastly separates mid 90s from mid-to-late 80s are the progressive eclectic instrumentals. The mid 90s basically kept the hard drums/hard attitude of the 80s but decided to make shyt more melodic. and that stuff is irresistible as fukk and holds up longer.

e.g. Feel Me Flow/Flava in Ya Ear compared to Raw (and that's no shot at the legendary Kane).

The beats in the 90s are way better than the 80s.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The worst era by far is the Kleenex Emo era. The fact that we've accepted this bullshyt as popular music shows that most will accept anything as long as it's force-fed down their throats.

Generation Kanye West. The type that find traditional rap too threatening but love disposable fluffy ratchet pop.

I wouldn't say it was an era of pure honesty (I think the 80s were far more honest), but I cosign the bolded to the fullest.

One thing that vastly separates mid 90s from mid-to-late 80s are the progressive eclectic instrumentals. The mid 90s basically kept the hard drums/hard attitude of the 80s but decided to make shyt more melodic. and that stuff is irresistible as fukk and holds up longer.

e.g. Feel Me Flow/Flava in Ya Ear compared to Raw (and that's no shot at the legendary Kane).

The beats in the 90s are way better than the 80s.

2011 was one of the best yrs since the new millennium. You had vets and new jacks bringing heat.

The late 80s production was so raw and exciting and the early 90s the production was so creative because sampling laws hadn't put a stranglehold on Hip Hop yet.