Which gym membership do y'all have?

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I'm pretty sure Anytime Fitness required a year commitment. That's why I paid the year in advance because They lowered the per month rate from $39 to $33 and If I'm gonna pay it anyway why not pay the cheaper rate?

I didn't join Anytime right away. I went to Snap and the YMCA and the local gym around the corner first and when it all come down to it Anytime had everything I needed at the second best price $33 instead of the $30 Snap was. I didn't try Powerhouse because their hours are too limited.
they give you a key card to get in at night right

does that always work or you have problems with it before?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
they give you a key card to get in at night right

does that always work or you have problems with it before?
It always works. You have to wait 30 days to use it at the gyms the owner doesn't run. The Anytime I joined the guy owns 3 of them so I can go to any of them now but the other ones I still have to wait a few weeks to have my key card go in the company database.

If you go in during staff hours they give you a 7 day trial. Not sure if they give you a key card because they actually charged me $25 or the card. I never did the trial I just went up there and some guy let me in. I looked at their equipment and decided it was enough weight lifting stuff for me to join. My anytime doesn't have a bench press but they have a couple power cages that can be set up so you can bench press in there.

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
Lifetime fitness is dope but im not paying 100 a month
i go to Lifetime Fitness and i pay about $70 a month. I think the $100 membership is for the folks who want to go to different locations around the city to workout, whereas with my membership I can't workout at their other locations.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Plus for some reason everybody that works there was fat and out of shape just seemed weird to always have fat guys working there
I'll never understand this shyt, seems like an oxymoron to have people who don't even workout; working at the front end of the gym

@biscuitsnbangers do you work with any fat asses?
If your willing to argue and bytch enough you can get a refund for anything :jawalrus:
word, bytch about writing a yelp review :mjpls:

The thing about all these franchises is the staff changes like monthly

I rarely ever even speak to the staff but it's annoying when they got a new person in charge every few months

Man I've always wondered about this, the turnover rate must be insane. Either people quit, get fired or promoted; I can't figure which one it is...

From what I have been reading the best Gyms are the smaller private ones but of course they cost more

But you gotta think about it you spend a lot of time in these gyms so paying extra for someplace you enjoy is worth it
Definitely, one of my favorite gyms was a local small gym. I only paid like $20 / month. It was never really crowded. Restrooms were always clean, no fukkboy shyt, with old ass dudes walking around naked.

No real hot chicks though, but I got in and out. Run into a few celebs.

Last edited:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My gym doesn't have a rower...I called anytime fitness and they don't either..I need a rower

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
used to have LA fitness but I like to workout late nights so I switched to 24. I joined at a supersport which is 40 a month but its worth it. lots of equipment. dope basketball courts. free towels.

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got to a spit and sawdust bodybuilding gym, you pay cash every month and your name is written in a book, I much prefer that,then giving some big name gym my bank details. Plus my gym is truly 24 hours at least for me, as I have a key. It's the most expensive gym in town, but the gym is devoted to bodybuilding, there are no woman to distract you or get in the way, the person who runs it competed alongside arnold and serge nubret and you can't find weights heavier anywhere else in town. There are no rules,, no need to walk everywhere with a towel, a real mans gym.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I've been going to the same private gym for about six years now. Its called Sierra sport and racquet club. I pay $69 a month for me my wife and kid. I originally went there because of the basketball courts. There is only one other gym with courts in this area and it got bought out by the gym I go to. So I get full usage at both the gyms. I only play ball at the one they bought out cause that gym sucks and the gym I workout at got rid of the basketball courts last year.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do yall know of any gyms that have rowers, because planet fitness doesnt and neither does anytime fitness when I called them

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
joined YOUFIT for 6 months manly so i can bring my boy as a guest but shyt is pretty garbage

gym is 10 bucks a month 20 to be able to bring a guest

so its cheap the place is always packed with mostly kids and they take forever at each spot

i guess its what i expected since it was so cheap but after 6 months i'm gone

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Ill check

I know if you pay month to month you can cancel

600 for 3 years is a great deal. Ill try it a few more times. My biggest reason to switch was the one near my job has a basketball court. Ill give it a few more tries
I pay $350 for 2 years at 24 but this past re up (been a member since 2008) they sayin it dont work at all gyms no more :camby:

Edit: worse gym ive signed up for was planet fitness. They didnt have weights/curl bars over 50 lbs :what:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Its not close to me and they charge more than im willing to pay for a gym

Is that where you go?