Which gym membership do y'all have?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've been at 24 hour fitness fort like 5-6 years

I decided to join LA fitness without ever trying them out. I went in there, looked around and asked them whats the best price they could give if i paid up front. They had a lump sum of $720 for 3 years, I told them nah. Manager said "how about $600 for 3 years". I said fukk it and bought it

I went to workout the next day and regretted it immediately :francis: I paid up front so I can't cancel. :francis:

maybe i'm just used to 24 and need a little time to adjust?

anybody here use la fitness?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
giphy.gif

That how I felt when I was going to powerhouse :francis: weights tossed every where, never any parking, just trash overall.

I love the gym I'm at now though I'm usually working out alone, they let me work out w no shirt on and I can plug my phone into their speakers and have my demonic music playing :ahh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm a member of Anytime Fitness which is my place to workout 75% of the time when I focus on weight lifting.
I'm also a member of Planet Fitness which I go to the other 25% of the time and on Cardio focused days.

Anytime is $33 a month and Planet Fitness is $10.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Base. Everyone re-racks the weights. Everyone is respectful for the most part unless they're with their girl.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I've had a membership at 24 hr fitness for about 6 years. at one point had LA fitness also due to my work schedule/location.

@houston911 what don't you like about LA?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've had a membership at 24 hr fitness for about 6 years. at one point had LA fitness also due to my work schedule/location.

@houston911 what don't you like about LA?

The machines

The incline is too steep on the barbell incline bench
lat pull machines suck
leg curl machine sucks
too crowded

Crowd is aesthetically worse, which is bad cuz my 24 was terrible lol.

Pros - on my way home from work
basketball court (24 close to me didnt have that)
the one near my job actually has a few machines i like that 24 doesnt which is cool

La fitness offers a lot of stuff that 24 doesnt, but most of those amenitites are worthless to me

Which gym do you like better?

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
The machines

The incline is too steep on the barbell incline bench
lat pull machines suck
leg curl machine sucks
too crowded

Crowd is aesthetically worse, which is bad cuz my 24 was terrible lol.

Pros - on my way home from work
basketball court (24 close to me didnt have that)
the one near my job actually has a few machines i like that 24 doesnt which is cool

La fitness offers a lot of stuff that 24 doesnt, but most of those amenitites are worthless to me

Which gym do you like better?
I like 24 better, but there are so many more LA locations down here.

24 has better machines for men imo, LA is more "pretty" more geared towards women. I hate working out in crowds, so 24 gives me the chance to go late or really earlier.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
I got 24 hour fitness' lifetime membership. Paid like 8-900 up front back in '06 and it's 50/year for the rest of my life. Or it was supposed to be.

24 is grimey and decided to raise the fee to 100/year, which is still a bargain, but that's not what I signed up for.

Besides the shady business tactics it's cool. Plenty of benches & squat racks, dimes everywhere, recently innovated b-ball court, run into old homies all the time.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I have 24 membership; I really can not work out at other gym's because I hit the gym late around 1 am. The LA Fitness clubs I seen in LA look raggedy and beat up.

I pay 29.99 a month

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
I usually hit mine up pretty early. At the most there's two people there and you get everything to yourself. It's like your own personal gym.
Same shyt here Breh :wow: I actually walked around and took a video the other night showing only me in the entire gym to send to my boy to convince his fat ass to join
:francis:We'll see

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I've been at 24 hour fitness fort like 5-6 years

I decided to join LA fitness without ever trying them out. I went in there, looked around and asked them whats the best price they could give if i paid up front. They had a lump sum of $720 for 3 years, I told them nah. Manager said "how about $600 for 3 years". I said fukk it and bought it

I went to workout the next day and regretted it immediately :francis: I paid up front so I can't cancel. :francis:

maybe i'm just used to 24 and need a little time to adjust?

anybody here use la fitness?
yeah LA Fitness sucks balls.