Where does Corn come from?

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From yahoo
Corn comes from a wild grass plant called teosinte, which is still growing in Mexico today. Native Americans brought corn up the Mississippi River. The earliest corn plant was very small, but after periods of breeding by Native Americans, pilgrims, and scientists, the corn plant has changed into the corn we know today.

Now in the Bible genesis 27:28
Therefore God give thee of the adew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine: 29

Could the Americas be the ancient land the Bible was speaking of?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
From yahoo
Corn comes from a wild grass plant called teosinte, which is still growing in Mexico today. Native Americans brought corn up the Mississippi River. The earliest corn plant was very small, but after periods of breeding by Native Americans, pilgrims, and scientists, the corn plant has changed into the corn we know today.

Now in the Bible genesis 27:28
Therefore God give thee of the adew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine: 29

Could the Americas be the ancient land the Bible was speaking of?
No, what you're reading are English language translations of the texts that formed the modern day Protestant bible.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Where does Co-hn come from?

url

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, what you're reading are English language translations of the texts that formed the modern day Protestant bible.
Yeah—the word "corn" in older English just means "grain" e.g. wheat or barley or oats or whatever they had. I'm not 100% sure but I think in the UK they call corn "maize" like it is called in many other languages.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Yeah—the word "corn" in older English just means "grain" e.g. wheat or barley or oats or whatever they had. I'm not 100% sure but I think in the UK they call corn "maize" like it is called in many other languages.
...and the the word maze is corn in Spanish, and I think it originally referred crops not specifically corn.

It's a weird gotcha thread cause every version so far on google says grain and wine.