Where did the Power Rangers go wrong???

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yea, cops and robbers one works. The fact that they're doing dinosaurs for the 5th time or something is telling.

The fact that they went backwards for Beast Morphers (aka GoBusters) is telling

Garo > Kamen Rider > Sentai if I'm being honest

Garo is boring to me. It all feels the same. Even the season with inoue as the lead was boring.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
What makes it boring? The latest season is a VR, multiplayer game.

The variety is lacking. If it works for them great, but the consistent makai knight/horrors battle feels a bit stale. Doesn't help that all the makai knight armors look really similar with the same color schemes, gold, silver, blue, and white

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're adapting from Sentai which isn't doing so well in Japan. The fact that they've gone this long is amazing. When they go against the grain (in Space, SPD, RPM, Dino Charge, Beast Morphers), it works out way better.
Those seasons were without sentai footage?

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
No. MMPR Season 2 is when they started to run out of original zyuranger footage. White Tiger Power Ranger is from a completely different season and they asked Toei if they could add him in, hence ninja ranger power.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

theyre all based on sentai shows, its just they didnt play it in the same line as their japanese counterparts

for example, rpm is based on goonger, and goonger is a kinda lighthearted series with talking mechs with big eyes on them and all that

goonger while still having comedy segments is played more seriously to the point that they lose the talking aspects mechs and try to legitimize the eyes on them, even though noones buying it

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theyre all based on sentai shows, its just they didnt play it in the same line as their japanese counterparts

for example, rpm is based on goonger, and goonger is a kinda lighthearted series with talking mechs with big eyes on them and all that

goonger while still having comedy segments is played more seriously to the point that they lose the talking aspects mechs and try to legitimize the eyes on them, even though noones buying it
I always been curious so almost all the fighting and Zord scenes are just cherry picked and the American power ranger show has to write a mostly different show with English counterparts and storylines but match with the sentai stuff. That always sounded incredibly difficult to me. Or are the sentai shows more similar than I think just with more adult themes

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
depending on the show runner, they pulled it off fairly well..Sloan was particularly good during his run. Kalish just copied and pasted most Sentai stories from my understanding, even if it wouldn't make sense.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Only watched Megaforce for the big Ranger teamup battle and they made sure that went down in the worst way possible

Overuse of Sentai footage resulted in them having teams that were never introduced in the series and gave no valid explanation for them

These nick seasons just look cheap compared to previous eras

The MMPR wasn't the first Ranger team overall according to the timeline. They were first earth based Ranger team, but they were other teams in different universes. Hell RPM, Dino Charge take place in different universes. Beast Morphers basically confirm everyone is connected through the morphing grid and can travel to different dimensions.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
depending on the show runner, they pulled it off fairly well..Sloan was particularly good during his run. Kalish just copied and pasted most Sentai stories from my understanding, even if it wouldn't make sense.

Mystic Force, Samurai, Megaforce seasons definently were copy pasted. Operation Overdrive too to a point.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I always been curious so almost all the fighting and Zord scenes are just cherry picked and the American power ranger show has to write a mostly different show with English counterparts and storylines but match with the sentai stuff. That always sounded incredibly difficult to me. Or are the sentai shows more similar than I think just with more adult themes
You're right. It depends on the seasons material and how they adapt material. Someone probably stated earlier that the Yellow Rangers from MMPR to Wild Force were mostly men changed to women in America, because executives wanted 2 girls to pair with 3 dudes to form a team.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
You're right. It depends on the seasons material and how they adapt material. Someone probably stated earlier that the Yellow Rangers from MMPR to Wild Force were mostly men changed to women in America, because executives wanted 2 girls to pair with 3 dudes to form a team.

I always thought if that tradition carried on during the Sloan/Disney run, how the DT ep Lost in Translation would've been (if the yellow was a guy to begin with, or another color was the opposite sex)...would have been :mjlol: to see Kira's reaction that her counterpart was a dude

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I just saw a YouTube video for the new Zenkaiger Sentai there’s no way it is ever adapted.

The rumor about Hasbro doing it’s own thing must be true.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I just saw a YouTube video for the new Zeinkaiger Sentai there’s no way it is ever adapted.

The rumor about Hasbro doing it’s own thing must be true.

why do you think it will never be adapted?