When’s the last time you purchased a video game in person?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
besides gifts, I haven't copped a physical game since around 2010

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mass Effect Legendary Edition last year. Was on Best Buy to get done other shyt, and decided to pick it up l.

Before that, if we're not counting shyt that I ordered online and just showed up to pick up, it would be Batman Arkham Knight on release day back in 2015.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Nah. I've always said I prefer digital primarily for nostalgia/collection purposes and secondly for the small possibility of resale value even though I've never seen it as an investment per se.
I've pretty much always said digital is the future and I accept that and still base my purchases on "where is the game cheaper". Every now and then best buy, amazon, target, etc. will sell the physical disc cheaper.
I don't mind an all digital future. I just prefer discs for the reasons above.
I'm not on some "if you buy digital you're a moron".
Meh, I don't remember a ban bet about 4k/120 with ray tracing. Maybe, maybe not. I do think chasing ray tracing at the expense of performance is sill on any platform though. I stay giving Sony hell about their marketing which this gen has been hilarious in comparison to MS. Sony really had the goofies believe that the audio engine was some alien tech that would let you hear 6,000 individual drops of water and that it would also be used to leverage the way items were rendered. They also lied and claimed the SSD was super proprietary and would be the be all end all differentiator to XBOX. I'm a sony fan boy. It's what ever. But that marketing? Foolishness at its finest.
That aside, I vaguely remember "ban bets" about VR coming to XBOX 1 X. :ufdup:
:youngsabo:Cerny set can't stop won't stop
You know I had never heard that guy speak before and when I finally did I bout fell out my chair laughing. Dude is a freakin real life weirdo.
You don't have to see Cerny speak to get that vibe :ufdup:
And if you in the beta program, they been allowing VR headset usage for close to a year now, and they have you take a survey on the experience
So its a thing already with the VR.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Been 100% digital for about 5 years. Had my ps5 since launch and I still haven't used the disc drive.

I really don't purchase any physical media anymore now that I think about it. All my movies, music, and games are digital now

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Never did a midnight release for 2k but damn 2k13 is literally 10 years ago
Thats what makes it crazy looking back at it. Since then, I went all digital with only a brief period from '13 - '14 of buying games from Amazon. As much as I game in my spare time, I'd never thought about it before.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Batman: Arkham Asylum. So worth it too. Long ass time ago but I’ve been ordering everything online since then. :manny:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think I got kakarot on sale or maybe GoTG from Best Buy or target. And I went to pick them up.

Usually just have Amazon deliver to me tho.

Never giving up physical. :manny: