When’s the last time you purchased a video game in person?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Most digital these days but I base my purchases on where the game is the cheapest and if it's multiplayer I go strictly digital so I can have multiple copies for the price of one since everyone in my house are gamers.

Off the top of my head the last few games I've purchased physically are:

Alan Wake (Xbox)
The Quarry (PS5)
Metroid Dread (Switch)
Mario Party (Switch)
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Saphire (Switch)
Pokemon Arceus (Switch)
The Last Of Us (PS5)
Cyberpunk (PS5)

Everything else has been digital this year.
I would have gotten Horizon Forbidden West physical but I bought the collectors edition with the mammoth and that came with a digital code.
That’s why I got the systems with the physical drive. Whatever cost the least wins the purchase. Usually a day 1 purchase is digital. Either through PayPal or Amazon to get 5% cash back.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
bought metroid dread at last years release. Other than that, Im pretty sure the last game i purchased in person was for ps4 back in I think 2015

dont see the need for physical copies now unless you buying a collectors edition or sum

s@n

All Star
Daps
I prefer physical release (pause), so maybe 3 weeks ago (Returnal).

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
couple of months ago to get fear 2 and fear files for backwards compatibility. Other than that I would say MW in 2019.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Most digital these days but I base my purchases on where the game is the cheapest and if it's multiplayer I go strictly digital so I can have multiple copies for the price of one since everyone in my house are gamers.

Off the top of my head the last few games I've purchased physically are:

Alan Wake (Xbox)
The Quarry (PS5)
Metroid Dread (Switch)
Mario Party (Switch)
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Saphire (Switch)
Pokemon Arceus (Switch)
The Last Of Us (PS5)
Cyberpunk (PS5)

Everything else has been digital this year.
I would have gotten Horizon Forbidden West physical but I bought the collectors edition with the mammoth and that came with a digital code.
You know, Once upon a time that combination of words would never be uttered by someone such as yourself.
I read it and literally smiled on some spongebob I got you squidward type shyt.

I do recall a lil ban bet on if there would ever be 4k/120 which has been achieved many times over an we haven't even tapped into the full power of these systems. Shti, they not even trying to go full next gen on one side :manny: But, if you want to remember the bet differently and say it was 4k/120 with ray tracing well Metro Exodus already done did that, and the next Forza will do that too. Lets continue this another time...

:pachaha:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
For the big systems I’m all digital and have been since xb1 & ps3.

Punk ass Nintendo makes me purchase carts so the kids can share :aicmon:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You know, Once upon a time that combination of words would never be uttered by someone such as yourself.
I read it and literally smiled on some spongebob I got you squidward type shyt.

I do recall a lil ban bet on if there would ever be 4k/120 which has been achieved many times over an we haven't even tapped into the full power of these systems. Shti, they not even trying to go full next gen on one side :manny: But, if you want to remember the bet differently and say it was 4k/120 with ray tracing well Metro Exodus already done did that, and the next Forza will do that too. Lets continue this another time...

:pachaha:
Nah. I've always said I prefer digital primarily for nostalgia/collection purposes and secondly for the small possibility of resale value even though I've never seen it as an investment per se.
I've pretty much always said digital is the future and I accept that and still base my purchases on "where is the game cheaper". Every now and then best buy, amazon, target, etc. will sell the physical disc cheaper.
I don't mind an all digital future. I just prefer discs for the reasons above.
I'm not on some "if you buy digital you're a moron".
Meh, I don't remember a ban bet about 4k/120 with ray tracing. Maybe, maybe not. I do think chasing ray tracing at the expense of performance is sill on any platform though. I stay giving Sony hell about their marketing which this gen has been hilarious in comparison to MS. Sony really had the goofies believe that the audio engine was some alien tech that would let you hear 6,000 individual drops of water and that it would also be used to leverage the way items were rendered. They also lied and claimed the SSD was super proprietary and would be the be all end all differentiator to XBOX. I'm a sony fan boy. It's what ever. But that marketing? Foolishness at its finest.
That aside, I vaguely remember "ban bets" about VR coming to XBOX 1 X. :ufdup:
:youngsabo:Cerny set can't stop won't stop
You know I had never heard that guy speak before and when I finally did I bout fell out my chair laughing. Dude is a freakin real life weirdo.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
I buy all my games used on eBay. Then sell them when I’m done