When Your 7-Year-Old Son Says, 'I Want to Be Gay'

Raye82

Sista Darkness
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Beardgang :noah:
:usure: he's also 7 though. I'm sure even coming to the conclusion of GAY is extremely difficult. He could have very well just misspoke.

And to answer the question, I would support my children if this happened. :manny:

Yeah, I think so, too. I don't think that he was truly aware of what he was saying. I think he has probably heard his brother refer to himself as gay and he probably just wants to be like big bro. However, if my child told me he was gay, I would be unhappy about it. Not because I think something is wrong with him, but because of the discrimination he will face. It would hurt me so much to know that people hate my son and are not willing to give him a fair chance because he is gay.

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
Yeah, I think so, too. I don't think that he was truly aware of what he was saying. I think he has probably heard his brother refer to himself as gay and he probably just wants to be like big bro. However, if my child told me he was gay, I would be unhappy about it. Not because I think something is wrong with him, but because of the discrimination he will face. It would hurt me so much to know that people hate my son and are not willing to give him a fair chance because he is gay.
Of course that would be the hardest part for me, knowing the hardships he/she would face. It would be different however, than how I would have been treated by my parents if I was gay. I would be accepting, I guarantee they would not be.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
its alright to be gay ...................................................................(:whoa:)

but if your son is the one getting his back blown out and is flamboyant than :deadrose::damn::scusthov::fire:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly don't know. I'd feel like I'd want to commit dat but I'd get over it though. Real shyt, I'd love my son no matter what but I'd be really fukked up if he says some shyt to me like that. I hope that is something I'd never have to experience as a dad.
Like your answer friend.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: I dunno breh...we'll cross that bridge if we get to it...:mjpls:

That shyt is cool for other people's kids but mine...:pachaha: :usure:

that night i'd be reading ALL that nature vs nurture literature though...:wow:

LMAO you sound like my moms, I support gay marriage - but not for my kids :laugh: