When you guys say you “beat” Bloodborne, do you mean you just ran past most of the bosses?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Serious question, because I’m finding it impossible to get past even the first two areas without dying repeatedly

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You eventually have to fight the bosses, I think there are only about 4 optional bosses in the game.

I think there was only one I didn’t fight.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
no you have to beat gascoigne. you can get around the cleric beast i think but not gascoigne.

i was the exact same way when i got the game first. spent the first few days not even able to get past the wolverines on the bridge to the cleric beast and even being able to consistently get there was a struggle at first.

play cautiously at first and eventually it will click. at first i was extremely frustrated and mad at the game, after beating the game and old hunters its my game of the generation

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No, I beat all the side bosses/optional and regular bosses in the main game. You have to grind and level up repeatedly to get guud at that game. Dont waste your time on stamina either, just level up health.
If you prefer heavy weapons like I do then you're gonna want to focus on stamina. You aren't gonna be able to get off a few hits and get outta the way with low stamina.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Boss battles are the best part breh. I was the same got my ass handed to me for 4 hrs on the cleric beast.

It’s a game thats very methodical and will force you to pay attention to enemy animations. Focus on visceral attacks as they deal more damage and invest into strength and health early on.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
If you prefer heavy weapons like I do then you're gonna want to focus on stamina. You aren't gonna be able to get off a few hits and get outta the way with low stamina.
I used the big sword that turns into the little sword. Forget the name. Trust me, OP needs to focus on mostly health for his first run.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I used the big sword that turns into the little sword. Forget the name. Trust me, OP needs to focus on mostly health for his first run.
I've always been more of a "dont get hit" type of souls player. My playstyle always revolves around quick movements and one shotting enemies.

Health is important but I wouldn't choose stamina as something to sacrifice for it, both are equal in importance imo.

For a new player I would suggest focusing on health and stamina then picking between strength or skill to invest in. Bloodting can also be ignored until later in the game. Arcane can also be ignored for awhile.

Also consider the soft caps for each skill, theres no reason to go above level 40 in stamina and you see diminishing returns for health at level 30.