When will people accept that Lebron is better/as good as than Jordan

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
Jordan wasn't horrible in that Orlando series, he had some bad moments but he wasn't garbage in that series by any means, he averaged over 30 in that series and for the '95 playoffs he averaged 31.5 ppg 6.5 rpg and 4.5 apg.

check these highlights from the Magic series...

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jordan was horrible in that Orlando series, he had some bad moments but he wasn't garbage in that series by any means, he averaged over 30 in that series and for the '95 playoffs he averaged 31.5 ppg 6.5 rpg and 4.5 apg.

jordan had a playoff career high 8 turnovers in game 1, and faded late in game 6. He wasn't himself, NIck anderson said the same thing. He didn't have his conditioning and he tired late in games. The numbers foold people

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps

Right, he had bad moments but he wasn't horrible in that series which was my point.

And it isn't just his numbers, watch the vids I posted he may have lacked his conditioning which is understandable but he still had a great first step and good speed, getting good height on his jumpers, beating people off the dribble with ease, and his vert was still very good, he looked much better athletically in this series than he would just a few months later for the '95-'96 season, IMO.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Jordan wasn't horrible in that Orlando series, he had some bad moments but he wasn't garbage in that series by any means, he averaged over 30 in that series and for the '95 playoffs he averaged 31.5 ppg 6.5 rpg and 4.5 apg.

You're right. Horrible is not the right word to use....definitely wasnt a good choice of words.

He had 3 Great games in that series (Games 2, 3, and 5 where he averaged 39 ppg on 52.8% FG and 2 turnovers per game) and 3 Bad games in that series (Games 1, 4, and 6 where he averaged 23 ppg on 40.3% FG and 6 turnovers per game).

It was an okay series:yeshrug:

But my point was, it's never shown or mentioned because Jordan is held in regards as if he's had a flawless career....and he hasnt.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
As far as an all-round player, Lebron is the equal if not better than Jordan

Lebron is a way better passer
Lebron is a better rebounder
Jordan is a better scorer/shooter
Defensively, about equal

But there's nothing Jordan did that Lebron can't do on the court, and more.

I understand Jordan had that will to win and more rings, so his fans will say he's better, but I feel overall performance, Lebron is at minimum his equal.

eh, Magic was better than both. I'd start a team with Magic before Jordan and Lebron

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I'ma Cleveland fan and I can't even put LeBron right there with Jordan....

But if he can win a ring in Cleveland, he surpasses Kobe in my opinion

And if he can win multiple rings in Cleveland now he starts approaching that rare air with Jordan

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I never really understood this argument, since when are rings weighted based off the city the franchise who won is located in?
Since LeBron came to Miami and ESPN talking heads started using the argument of "his rings would be worthless if he wins them in Miami" argument. In reality, the reason everyone is so happy he went back to Cleveland was because he was stacking up titles in Miami and this living up to the hype, and they felt he couldn't do that in Cleveland so he'd be the lovable loser to many. Now he might get one there and people are either forced to cheer for him to stack titles as expected or be mad all over again.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I never really understood this argument, since when are rings weighted based off the city the franchise who won is located in?

It not a general rule, I'm just speaking in terms of this scenario. The fact that LeBron is coming back and bringing a ring to his hometown/state and winning a title for a team that has never won a championship. Also I can remember a Superstar winning a title and then going to another team and winning a title in less than 3 years...

I know Shaq got one in Mia, but he was co-pilot to D. Wade. If LeBron wins he was leader of both teams. And that is something the greats haven't done

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Only the people who never watched prime jordan play will entertain this.Lebron may have more accolades,accomplishments when his career is over but as far as skills and mentality he will never be better than jordan.That ship already sailed when lebron froze up in 2011 and how he runs from challenges.The making players better argument is weak since scottie pippen is a hall of famer and considered a top 5 sf of all time.The narrative that "jordan never won without pippen" is hilarious those bulls teams sucked from 85-87 of course they never won they were 8 seeds every year.When pippen 1st came to the bulls he was a frail,soft,mentally weak player who the pistons and knicks use to herb.Jordan turned him into a hall of famer pippen,doug collins and jerry krause all are on record saying mike made pippen a better overall player from their practices,the benefit of playing with mike and he changed pippens mentality.